Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:57
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
aghh! Jan 2, 2015

OK, the damned thing is getting blocked by Avast again. No info message as to why, it just no longer works unless I disable all real-time shields. I tried everything I could think of to add the program to the exclusions list, but give up. I need to get to work.

I did manage to devise a temporary solution: right-clicking on "TMLookup.exe" and selecting "Always run inside [Avast] sandbox"

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:57
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Avast exclusions list Jan 2, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:
I tried everything I could think of to add the program to the exclusions list, but give up.

A while ago one had to mark a specific *folder* as an exclusion folder, instead of individual files. Could it be that Avast still works like that?

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
* Jan 2, 2015

Yeah, I added the entire folder to the exclusions list, thus:

C:\Users\michaelbeijer\OneDrive\Programs\TMLookup\*

However, it just doesn't seem to be working. Avast is still blocking it. Just can't see how or why.

Angela Meissner

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sandbox Jan 9, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

I did manage to devise a temporary solution: right-clicking on "TMLookup.exe" and selecting "Always run inside [Avast] sandbox"

That might be the source of (some of) your woes. TMLookup may not be able to run normally in the sandbox. Maybe it can't do anything and just stays there as a zombie process.
Anyway, feedback/suggestions welcome from those who managed to get it to work:)

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
It runs OK inside the Sandbox Jan 9, 2015

FarkasAndras wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:

That might be the source of (some of) your woes. TMLookup may not be able to run normally in the sandbox. Maybe it can't do anything and just stays there as a zombie process.
Anyway, feedback/suggestions welcome from those who managed to get it to work:)

Hi Andras,

No, that was my last resort solution to get it to run. Unless I have it run inside the sandbox, the new version will not run on my computer, unless I disable my shields.

It runs OK inside the Sandbox. Starts up a little slow the first time, and has a silly I'm-running-in-a-sandbox icon/tab up to the top left, but other than that it runs fine. Not ideal of course, but I don't have time to experiment with getting Avast to play well with it at the moment.

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
got it to work! Jan 20, 2015

OK, so now the latest version (1.2) runs fine, and no need for the sandbox. I recently switched from OneDrive back to Dropbox, and so am now running it from here:

C:\Users\michaelbeijer\Dropbox\Programs\TMLookup\TMLookup.exe

Everything works great now. No idea what was going on.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok Jan 20, 2015

Glad it's working. Let me know if there's an issue with the new features - also if you have feature requests.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new version Jan 23, 2015

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16377950/TMLookup_1.24_win.zip

From the changelog:

New in 1.24:
- New keyboard shortucts for searching with "quote search terms" on: Alt-Q/Alt-W, Win-Q/Win-W (the old shortcuts now turn off the quoting)

New in 1.23:
- Thanks to an update to SQLite, searches with non-ASCII letters are n
... See more
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16377950/TMLookup_1.24_win.zip

From the changelog:

New in 1.24:
- New keyboard shortucts for searching with "quote search terms" on: Alt-Q/Alt-W, Win-Q/Win-W (the old shortcuts now turn off the quoting)

New in 1.23:
- Thanks to an update to SQLite, searches with non-ASCII letters are now case-insensitive as well (i.e. searching for Állam and állam now yield the same results). You need to reimport your data into a new database created with the new TMLookup version to take advantage of this.
- See context (very slow on large databases, may be removed in future)

New in 1.22:
- ASC/DESC sort option

New in 1.21:
- Load db into memory for faster searches
- Sort hits option in setup
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
The Avast problem is back again :( Jan 23, 2015

Hi András,

Thanks for the new version!

Guess what. The Avast problem is back again

I sent a support request to the Avast team this time, as I am determined to get to the bottom of this. It's also not the first/only program I have had this problem with, so I need to stop it from happening (or change AV).

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh well Jan 27, 2015

Sad to hear that, it probably means you have trouble with the shiny new version as well...

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks for the new version Jan 27, 2015

Avast haven't gotten back to me yet, but I am using the latest version as follows:

I deactivate shields, start TMLookup.exe, and immediately re-activate shields. Works fine. A bit of a pain in the ass, but it works.

If Avast don't get back to me soon, I might experiment with a different AV (Kaspersky?).

[Edited at 2015-01-27 17:58 GMT]

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Setting to keep "Quote search terms" checked? Feb 14, 2015

Hello, me again!

OK, so I am having a problem and wondering whether there is an easy solution to it. Whenever I trigger TMLookup via the AHK script, the search is run with "Quote search terms" unchecked. I want it to stay checked. Is there a setting for this? I'm on version 1.25.

[Edited at 2015-02-14 15:46 GMT]

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's not a bug, that's a feature Feb 14, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

Hello, me again!

OK, so I am having a problem and wondering whether there is an easy solution to it. Whenever I trigger TMLookup via the AHK script, the search is run with "Quote search terms" unchecked. I want it to stay checked. Is there a setting for this? I'm on version 1.25.

[Edited at 2015-02-14 15:46 GMT]

... and this time I mean it.

As posted previously
New in 1.24:

So, just update your AHK script based on the readme and you can use Win-Q and Win-W to search with quotes.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New version May 26, 2015

A new version is now available, and I got around to updating the website at last: http://www.farkastranslations.com/tmlookup.php

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
woop woop! May 26, 2015

FarkasAndras wrote:

A new version is now available, and I got around to updating the website at last: http://www.farkastranslations.com/tmlookup.php

Testing it now! Upgraded from 1.25 to this 1.31, and I really like the new features!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMLookup

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »