Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Cyberattacked: what should I do to be safe again?
Thread poster: María C Turri
Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:11
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Info that can be useful Feb 9, 2021

My paypal account never let me enter without a code sent to my phone, (after entering the correct password). I think this will prevent hackers to enter.
Perhaps this can be useful for you for the future, you can ask paypal to set that feature for your account.

Recep Kurt

María C Turri
María C Turri  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:11
Member (2019)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
done :) Feb 9, 2021

Angie Garbarino wrote:

My paypal account never let me enter without a code sent to my phone, (after entering the correct password). I think this will prevent hackers to enter.
Perhaps this can be useful for you for the future, you can ask paypal to set that feature for your account.

Yes, Angie, I realized I could do that with mine as well a little too late, but it's done now, so I think I'm safe there. I also set up 2nd factor authentication in my Google account and updated the one I had with my local bank. It was a busy day, but totally worth it. I just got robbed of 180USD, which in Argentina is equivalent to one whole minimum wage salary due to devaluation, but I'm determined to take this as a learning opportunity.

Angie Garbarino
Maria Pia Giuseppina Nuzzolese
Jean Dimitriadis

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:11
French to English
Email settings Feb 10, 2021

Somewhere in the settings for your email accounts you will find a list of email addresses to which your emails are forwarded.
Check from time to time to make sure that any such accounts listed are your own and not of some intruder.

María C Turri
María C Turri  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:11
Member (2019)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Is this a thing? Feb 10, 2021

Nikki Scott-Despaigne wrote:

Somewhere in the settings for your email accounts you will find a list of email addresses to which your emails are forwarded.
Check from time to time to make sure that any such accounts listed are your own and not of some intruder.

OMG, Nikki. I had absolutely no idea this could happen. Of course I'll check, thank you so much for the heads up!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cyberattacked: what should I do to be safe again?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »