Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:08
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Jan 9, 2017

Dear Translators,

I am looking for a satirical translation of an "article" by Franz Fanon explaining the reasons for the failure of European civilizations to develop as much as African ones, including factors of weather, attitude,..... It is a critique of Western sociology. I do not remember its title and would be grateful if someone could provide with its French name and, even better, its English name so I can use it.

Thank you in advance

iperbole10
iperbole10
Italy
Local time: 10:08
French to Italian
+ ...
Fanon Jan 10, 2017

could this be?
http://www.academia.edu/15173270/Fanon_and_the_Essence_of_Democracy_The_Failure_of_the_Western_Model

Stephen Rifkind
Israel
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting but... Jan 11, 2017

The article is interesting but this was originally written in French by Fanon himself. It is a satirical/critical essay.

John Holland
John Holland  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:08
French to English
Fanon texts Jan 11, 2017

I'm not sure which text you have in mind - could it be chapter 4 of Black Skin, White Masks, entitled "The So-Called Dependency Complex of Colonized Peoples"? - but the Fanon collection on the Monoskop wiki might be helpful:
https://monoskop.org/Frantz_Fanon

[Edited at 2017-01-11 11:37 GMT]

Stephen Rifkind
Israel
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No but thanks Jan 11, 2017

I may be wrong about the writer. I would recognize the text (in French) if I saw it. It was written in the style of a serious sociology paper, not a formal political piece.

Thanks in any case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of article by Fanon

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »