Problem with Metatexis
Thread poster: nikunis
nikunis
nikunis
Russian Federation
Dec 4, 2013

Dear all,

I am working on a translation using metataxis in MS word, have been on it for 2 days now. All of a sudden some stupid function turns on and next to my translated text, the base text appears (all in red brackets).
I spent half a day trying to figure out how to get it back, but no use! I tried reading the help file - found nothing, I wrote to tech support no reply as yet. Searching through the functions also proved useless.

I can not submit the file in t
... See more
Dear all,

I am working on a translation using metataxis in MS word, have been on it for 2 days now. All of a sudden some stupid function turns on and next to my translated text, the base text appears (all in red brackets).
I spent half a day trying to figure out how to get it back, but no use! I tried reading the help file - found nothing, I wrote to tech support no reply as yet. Searching through the functions also proved useless.

I can not submit the file in the state it is now, can anyone advise how to reverse this please!

I have a nearing deadline which I might miss because of this.

I am running a trial version of Metatexis 3.17

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Jacques Marchand
Jacques Marchand  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:18
Member (2013)
Dutch to French
Metatexis assistance Dec 5, 2013

I would suggest you to contact [email protected] or through the Yahoo group [email protected] and submit your question. They are serious en give a excellent assistance for any question about this software (also for a trial version).

I work since february this year with it and all my problems were solved in a minimum time.

Good luck.

... See more
I would suggest you to contact [email protected] or through the Yahoo group [email protected] and submit your question. They are serious en give a excellent assistance for any question about this software (also for a trial version).

I work since february this year with it and all my problems were solved in a minimum time.

Good luck.

Jacques

[Modifié le 2013-12-05 07:41 GMT]
Collapse

Andrea Jarmuschewski
Andrea Jarmuschewski  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
Show/hide text function Dec 5, 2013

In your MetaTexis menu, you should have a function Navigation, from where a menu opens where you can scroll to show/hide text.

Hope this helps.

Andrea

David
David
France
English to French
Creating a MT and TDB in Metatexis Mar 5, 2019

Dear all,

I have a problem regarding the creation of a TM as well as a TDB.

When i open a word document to be translated, I go to :

- File.
- Launch start assistant.
- Do you want to translate this document with the help of Metatexis ? YES
- A dialog box appears saying "Metatexis-error" "Error creating database".
- I have to click six times on "OK" with same message and then the " start assistant" appears.
- At step 3, i
... See more
Dear all,

I have a problem regarding the creation of a TM as well as a TDB.

When i open a word document to be translated, I go to :

- File.
- Launch start assistant.
- Do you want to translate this document with the help of Metatexis ? YES
- A dialog box appears saying "Metatexis-error" "Error creating database".
- I have to click six times on "OK" with same message and then the " start assistant" appears.
- At step 3, i select the TM by default which has been created "TM.mxtm" but it says "The selected file is not a
Metatexis database" " Please select Metatexis database, or create a new one".
- When I create a new one, I give a name to the new MT and it says "Error creating database".

I would appreciate any feedback on this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
David

PS :
Should I uninstall metatexis and re-install it ?
Is this problem connected to the fact that I'm using Windows 10 with parallel ?
Would using a bootcamp partition contribute to solve the problem ?

As recommended by Hermann Bruns I’m using Windows 64 as well as a 64-bit edition of Office (Microsoft Office 365) and there are no additional add-on in Word.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Metatexis

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »