ProZ.com contest “The Tides of Tech” needs your help to select winners!
Thread poster: Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 14:55
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
Nov 21, 2019

As you might know, ProZ.com's latest contest “The Tides of Tech” is now on finals phase. ProZ.com staff really appreciates the effort made by those who participated already, either by voting or submitting their entry. Now you have the opportunity to choose the best translation into Portuguese (EU) as the winner.

Click here to see the entries and vote>>

The English to Brazilian Portuguese pair also had a lot of amazing entries but, due to the low amount of raters, it didn't make it into the finals phase. However, you can read the translations submitted and offer your feedback, here.

Happy translating,
Julieta and Andrea

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:55
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Julieta and Andrea Nov 22, 2019

I took part in Proz.com Translation Contests since 2007 until 2014 and I used to consider these translation contests quite fun, occasionally challenging and a nice break from our normal routine but after the ill-famous “Celebrations” contest I will not vote and will not take part ever again until a big reform takes place. The first change needed would be that contestants should not be able to comment other participants' entries, since it seems clear to me that in general this is used to "sho... See more
I took part in Proz.com Translation Contests since 2007 until 2014 and I used to consider these translation contests quite fun, occasionally challenging and a nice break from our normal routine but after the ill-famous “Celebrations” contest I will not vote and will not take part ever again until a big reform takes place. The first change needed would be that contestants should not be able to comment other participants' entries, since it seems clear to me that in general this is used to "shoot down those entries". I consider myself relatively fair and impartial, but not to the point where I would hinder my application. Besides that, the least that can be expected is being rated by someone who masters the target language and this hasn’t been always the case.

Teresa
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 17:55
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nunca me interessei Jan 12, 2020

e o meu tempo também não é muito, mas quando vi, uma vez, um membro brasileiro a "rever" um membro português, entre uma série de outras correções, a palavra "telemóvel" para
"celular", achei muito estranho.
Acho a iniciativa muito louvável e interessante, mas quando nos dão uma ferramenta e há quem não saiba utilizá-la como deve ser, vai-se perdendo um pouco a fé.
Afinal, o fórum é o quê e para quem?

Carla Guerreiro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com contest “The Tides of Tech” needs your help to select winners!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »