Thread poster: Andrea Shah
Andrea Shah
Andrea Shah  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:55
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 15, 2009

When I receive ProZ messages via my profile, I receive notifications of these messages in my e-mail inbox, but when I come to ProZ to reply, the message does not exist in my ProZ.com Inbox.

I'm guessing this isn't supposed to happen, but since I'm still learning my way around, I thought I'd ask.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-09-15 16:02 GMT]

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please submit a support request. Sep 15, 2009

Dear Andrea,

Could you please submit a support request including all relevant information such as a copy of the emails you are receiving in your inbox?

This will allow site staff to look into this in detail. You can submit your support request here http://www.proz.com/support

Thanks.
Romina

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 06:55
SITE STAFF
Profile email or instant message? Sep 15, 2009

Hi Andrea,

Note that there are two kinds of messages you can receive through your profile: profile email and instant messages. In the case of profile email, the email you will receive will have a subject line like this:

[ProZ.com mail] (Subject line entered by sender)

The text entered by the sender will be in the email itself, and there is no need to visit the site to see it.

In the case of an instant message (sent via the "P" icon at the top of a profile), the subject line is the following:

[ProZ.com] You have received an instant message from a ProZ.com member

The message body will ask you to log in to your ProZ.com profile and provide the link to visit your instant message inbox.

Best regards,

Jared

Laila Orsi
Laila Orsi
United States
Local time: 04:55
English to Portuguese
+ ...
How to Reply Jun 29, 2019

Hi, in these scenarios, how do you reply then if you can't see the message itself? When you receive an email vs instant message.

Update- I figured it out.. always happens right after you ask someone.. I just hit reply directly from my email account!

[Edited at 2019-06-29 14:26 GMT]

Rita Ruan
Rita Ruan
United States
Local time: 04:55
English to Chinese
+ ...
How do I protect my real email address? Jan 30, 2021

I am a new user of this platform, and I read somewhere on Proz.com that says if a sender sends you email, and by replying that email, you disclosure your true email address, is that true? I got a scam one day after I registered the platform, which I already reported by clicking the spam link.
Also, The email titled with [ProZ.com mail] can not be found or displayed on the "Communications" button located on the upper right of my profile page. Can anyone give me some clue?

Yaotl Altan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com profile email and instant messages

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »