Does Proz.com work slower for some reason?
Thread poster: Andrew Vdovin
Andrew Vdovin
Andrew Vdovin
Local time: 05:19
English to Russian
+ ...
May 7, 2018

Dear colleagues,

Has Proz.com really gotten very slow recently, or is it just me? When I try to load any Proz.com page on my laptop, the browser immediately gets stuck, while it works fine with any other websites. Using another browser doesn't help.
On my desktop, however, the situation is much better, yet Proz.com still seems to have become a little slower than before.

Does anybody have a similar problem? What could be the reason behind it? How could it be fixe
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Has Proz.com really gotten very slow recently, or is it just me? When I try to load any Proz.com page on my laptop, the browser immediately gets stuck, while it works fine with any other websites. Using another browser doesn't help.
On my desktop, however, the situation is much better, yet Proz.com still seems to have become a little slower than before.

Does anybody have a similar problem? What could be the reason behind it? How could it be fixed?

Thank you very much.
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:19
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
WFM May 7, 2018

No speed problem noticed both on my desktop (Mozilla Firefox, QupZilla, Google Chrome) and Android smartphone (Mozilla Firefox). Try clearing the browser cache or changing the browser.

Just for Russians: Костлявая рука Роскомнадзора и сюда дотянулась?

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Just Proz? Or other ad-laden sites too? May 8, 2018

Check your computer for adware, spyware, etc.

All the time when I'm on Proz, I see on the status bar below (SeaMonkey browser) that my computer is endlessly transferring data to or from some (possibly very slow) data collection/web tracking contrivance for focused advertising purposes.

Another possibility is Windows 10. At every upgrade/update, it draws a state-of-the-art PC's speed closer to vintage computers'.

Andrew Vdovin
Andrew Vdovin
Local time: 05:19
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows 10 it was! May 17, 2018

Yes, it was probably because that Windows 10. As soon as I reinstalled it, everything became fine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Proz.com work slower for some reason?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »