Can you attach anything to bids through ProZ?
Thread poster: DIANNE BEREST
DIANNE BEREST
DIANNE BEREST  Identity Verified
Montenegro
Local time: 12:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2020

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but here goes... Many jobs posted ask for certain items to be attached to the bid. I don't see where you can attach anything to the bids made through ProZ. Am I missing it or is that feature indeed not available? Thanks!

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 08:54
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
How to attach files to a job quote Mar 2, 2020

Dear Dianne,

Thank you for your question.

In the "quoting form" at ProZ.com, you should see, below the text box where you will write the content of your bid, the following options:

"Save as template" and "Save changes to this template"
"CV / resume: Attach my CV / resume" or "Upload a CV / resume"
"File attachment: Choose file"
"Contact fields:"

See more
Dear Dianne,

Thank you for your question.

In the "quoting form" at ProZ.com, you should see, below the text box where you will write the content of your bid, the following options:

"Save as template" and "Save changes to this template"
"CV / resume: Attach my CV / resume" or "Upload a CV / resume"
"File attachment: Choose file"
"Contact fields:"

Your CV can weigh up to 2MB and it can be in the following formats: pdf, doc, odt, txt, zip

I hope to have been of help!

Kind regards,

Andrea
Collapse

DIANNE BEREST
DIANNE BEREST  Identity Verified
Montenegro
Local time: 12:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And when replying on email form? Mar 2, 2020

Thanks Andrea. Apparently I've always bid on jobs that indicate to reply by email, rather than on the bid form. I actually had never seen the bidding form before. So that's good to know about the bidding form.

And when replying via the email form, is there any way to attach a document?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you attach anything to bids through ProZ?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »