Thread poster: Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 10:35
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2020

It used to be the case that, as long as I didn't log out, I would never have to log in again, even over days or weeks. Now I have to log in every time I access the site.

Whenever I accidentally click on the back button between forums or kudoz questions (rather than on the PROZ logo), I'm taken out of the site. Then I have to 'resend my information' and log in again.

Why the change and what can I do about it? Does this happen to everyone?

[Edited at 2020-03-28 17
... See more
It used to be the case that, as long as I didn't log out, I would never have to log in again, even over days or weeks. Now I have to log in every time I access the site.

Whenever I accidentally click on the back button between forums or kudoz questions (rather than on the PROZ logo), I'm taken out of the site. Then I have to 'resend my information' and log in again.

Why the change and what can I do about it? Does this happen to everyone?

[Edited at 2020-03-28 17:22 GMT]
Collapse

Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:35
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No! Mar 29, 2020

I don't know about others, but it doesn't appear to be happening to me, Tina.

Christel Zipfel

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 13:35
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
It sounds like you may have an issue with cookies. Mar 29, 2020

Dear Tina,

Thank you for using the site! The problem that you describe suggests that you may have an issue with your browser's cookies.

ProZ.com uses cookies to store authentication information for extended periods of time. This allows you to log in once and stay logged in until you choose to log out. Sometimes, those settings are changed by a new extension, a firewall setting, etc.

Thus, please make sure that you have enabled cookies in your browser in
... See more
Dear Tina,

Thank you for using the site! The problem that you describe suggests that you may have an issue with your browser's cookies.

ProZ.com uses cookies to store authentication information for extended periods of time. This allows you to log in once and stay logged in until you choose to log out. Sometimes, those settings are changed by a new extension, a firewall setting, etc.

Thus, please make sure that you have enabled cookies in your browser in order to log in. If you are unfamiliar with how to do this, you can find instructions on enabling cookies here: http://www.proz.com/faq/login_problems#what_are_cookies

If your cookies are enabled, try wiping your browser's caché and cookies, closing it, then starting it again and attempting to log in.

If that doesn't work, please attempt to login from a different browser (for example, try Mozilla if you are using Chrome). If you are able to access the site from a different browser, you may need to reset your main browser's configurations or re-install it in order to fully fix the issue.

If you are still unable to login from any browser, please submit a support request and we will look further into it: https://www.proz.com/support?&mode=ask

I hope to have been of help! Have a good start to the week, and stay safe.
Collapse

Yolanda Broad

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 10:35
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Staying logged-in Mar 29, 2020

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for responding. The problem is not with logging in itself but with staying logged in when I move between pages on the site and between sessions. Cookies for proz.com are enabled ("always allowed") in my browser and the cache is cleared once a week.

I have submitted a support ticket.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changes to logging in

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »