Can't find missing tag (Studio 2017)
Thread poster: Margarita Khabibullina
Margarita Khabibullina
Margarita Khabibullina
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Aug 21, 2020

Hello!
I faced a sudden problem. I create a new project, add files (.doc) and TM's (all as usual), make batch task (with pretranslation), but when I try to export my file, I see an error:

Missing bookmark end tag with name: _Hlk3478662. Writing to Word document not possible.

I checked tags (with tag checker), but this tag wasn't mentioned as missed. Moreover, there isn't "bookmark start tag with name: _Hlk347866" in my document. What can be done? I can't export or
... See more
Hello!
I faced a sudden problem. I create a new project, add files (.doc) and TM's (all as usual), make batch task (with pretranslation), but when I try to export my file, I see an error:

Missing bookmark end tag with name: _Hlk3478662. Writing to Word document not possible.

I checked tags (with tag checker), but this tag wasn't mentioned as missed. Moreover, there isn't "bookmark start tag with name: _Hlk347866" in my document. What can be done? I can't export or finalize my project(

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:21
Member (2014)
English to German
Attempt Aug 21, 2020

Hello Margarita,

I don't have a solution for this issue, but in such cases I try to create a preview file and save this one instead of the exported file.
If this does not work I create a new project with the same file and pre-translate it, using the TM of the original project. This often leads to a flawless result.

HTH

Margarita Khabibullina

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:21
English to Russian
Check the correct MS Word version Aug 21, 2020

If you are using the old version of MS Word, make sure you have MS Word 2000-2003 option checked in your project settings (File Types, boxes on the right pane) and put above all other MS Word options. If the option is checked but not above the other options, bring it up. However you will need to do all those moves again next time when you translate a newer MS Word document (docx). To avoid shuffling options every time, just save your doc as docx and add docx to your project to replace doc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't find missing tag (Studio 2017)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »