Thread poster: Katie Roskams
Michael Wetzel
Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:16
German to English
Thanks for the response May 12, 2015

Vladimir,

Thank you very much for responding. It looks like I'll be putting it on my list of potentially useful software. I think that my present solution fits better (and would fit extremely well if I would invest the time in getting everything running right). The link to my bank account makes that aspect of accounting much easier and everything is geared towards producing the quarterly and annual tax data I need (categories for expenditures, etc.). It has most of the other featur
... See more
Vladimir,

Thank you very much for responding. It looks like I'll be putting it on my list of potentially useful software. I think that my present solution fits better (and would fit extremely well if I would invest the time in getting everything running right). The link to my bank account makes that aspect of accounting much easier and everything is geared towards producing the quarterly and annual tax data I need (categories for expenditures, etc.). It has most of the other features (offers, price lists, client lists, etc.): I use some of them and have never bothered with others.

Basically, I could customize TO 3000 to come closer to producing the information most important to me in a more or less practical form or I could make better use of my present software to produce the helpful information offered by TO 3000 (it can do most things, it just has to be set up right).

I suppose the issue is what a given translator needs more help with: tax accounting or strategic accounting.

Thanks,
Michael
Collapse

Izabela Milanov
Izabela Milanov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:16
Serbian to English
+ ...
Does it have an option to create a PDF invoice? Dec 9, 2015

Hi everyone,

I've been searching the forums about TO3000 but can't seem to find an answer to this question. I have some clients who demand invoices to be sent in PDF format. Can TO3000 do that?

Thanks

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:16
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Post deleted Dec 9, 2015

Post deleted - uninformed nonsense!

(Thanks Dan, I never noticed the option to select filetypes in TO3000, always took the deviation via Word.)

[Edited at 2015-12-09 07:34 GMT]

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:16
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
PDF is possible Dec 9, 2015

Izabela Milanov wrote:
I've been searching the forums about TO3000 but can't seem to find an answer to this question. I have some clients who demand invoices to be sent in PDF format. Can TO3000 do that?

I use TO3000 11 Professional edition which, despite some quirks, is a useful and flexible piece of software.

With this I can - and in fact always do - generate invoices in PDF. After creating the invoice and adding jobs, click on "Save & Open", choose PDF as the file type and it will save the invoice as a PDF file and open it so that you can view and check.

There is nothing in the help file to suggest that this function is available only in the professional version so I imagine is is available in the standard version too.

Regards
Dan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »