Transcription tool kit for multimedia files (video or audio)
Thread poster: Mandy K
Mandy K
Mandy K
Local time: 18:02
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 20, 2015

Hello everyone,

I have been asked to provide a transcription of 8 hours videos. The client needs the transcription on a word file template to be translated after that. I have done similar jobs before but a lot of time was wasted on pausing and rewinding and forwarding etc.

I need your advice on any tool kit, for example pedal or software, that I can use to make the job easier and faster.As you can see I will be a beginner with such tools so I need something fairly simp
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have been asked to provide a transcription of 8 hours videos. The client needs the transcription on a word file template to be translated after that. I have done similar jobs before but a lot of time was wasted on pausing and rewinding and forwarding etc.

I need your advice on any tool kit, for example pedal or software, that I can use to make the job easier and faster.As you can see I will be a beginner with such tools so I need something fairly simple - nothing too complicated but can do the job.

If I am working on Microsoft Word, is there any transcription software that can work? What pedal, headset etc would you recommend?

Thank you very much
Collapse

Tamas Elek
Tamas Elek  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 19:02
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Express Scribe works for me Jun 21, 2015

Hi,

I use Express Scribe, and it works quite well. It is very easy to use and has many useful functions, like assigning function keys to main functionality like pause and play, so you do not need to switch windows all the time. It can also play the audio more slowly, which is great for transcription. Please see here: http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/

It also works with pedals, but I ha
... See more
Hi,

I use Express Scribe, and it works quite well. It is very easy to use and has many useful functions, like assigning function keys to main functionality like pause and play, so you do not need to switch windows all the time. It can also play the audio more slowly, which is great for transcription. Please see here: http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/

It also works with pedals, but I have not tried that functionality yet.

Oh, and it is free, even for business use.

I hope it helps.

[Edited at 2015-06-21 23:33 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transcription tool kit for multimedia files (video or audio)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »