Thread poster: Mariusz Kuklinski
Mariusz Kuklinski
Mariusz Kuklinski  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:02
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 29, 2015

Hello, would anyone have the Multilingual Spellchecker for Office 2007 which they have uninstalled and it gathers dust in the cupboard, to pass on? I talked to Microsoft and it looks like they don't have it in their offer any longer while I am highly reluctant to join their wave of progress toward ever newer editions.

Best to all
Mariusz

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
Windows 8 Jun 29, 2015

Do you use Windows 8? There is a multilingual spell check integrated.

Mariusz Kuklinski
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows 8 Jun 29, 2015

Thank you very much, Gabriele, for your fast response. Unfortunately, I have Windows 7 (I 8 Windows 8)

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:02
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try LibreOffice Jun 29, 2015

Not exactly the answer to your question, but try LibreOffice. Its compatibility with DOCX is OK for most cases and you can use spellcheck dictionaries for many languages.

Mariusz Kuklinski
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sadly... Jun 29, 2015

Dear esperantisto, thank you for the suggestion. I do have Libre Office but my experience with compatibility or otherwise is not very good. I have recently done a major, highly graphics-intensive job where the original files were in docx format and whenever I opened them in LO, 80% of formatting went astray. Very frustrating((

[Edited at 2015-06-29 13:43 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multilingual Spellchecker for Office 2007

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »