TO3000 - How can I adjust the page margin?
Thread poster: Florian Wollenschein
Florian Wollenschein
Florian Wollenschein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:42
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 21, 2015

Hi there,

I have just started using TO3000 and I really like this software.

However, I am not sure about how to adjust the page margin for my invoice template. In Word I have chosen 2cm but if I use the template in TO3000 it is only around 1cm.

I would be very happy if someone could help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Florian

[Edited at 2015-08-21 06:44 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Customise the template Aug 21, 2015

Go to your invoice templates. By default they're here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\AIT\TO3000, Version 11\Templates\CLIENTS\Invoices
Open the .rtf in Word and adjust the page margin (and customise the invoice while you're there). Save it and you're done!

If you're not sure about getting it right, save it with a different name, so you can always go back to the original.

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
You need to open the template and change it Aug 21, 2015

You need to go to:
Settings
Personal
Templates

Once in Templates look for your Invoice templates which will be in the CLIENTS folder in the Invoices subfolder.

Once in the Invoices subfolder open the template in question (I would suggest leaving the original and copying the file with a new name and working on the copy) and make the changes you want, then just save it. Make sure you save it as RTF.

Then when you create an invoice, on the bo
... See more
You need to go to:
Settings
Personal
Templates

Once in Templates look for your Invoice templates which will be in the CLIENTS folder in the Invoices subfolder.

Once in the Invoices subfolder open the template in question (I would suggest leaving the original and copying the file with a new name and working on the copy) and make the changes you want, then just save it. Make sure you save it as RTF.

Then when you create an invoice, on the bottom of the "Edit Invoice" screen (the screen where you create invoices) there is a field called "RTF Templates", in that field choose the name you gave to your template and you should be all set.
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
DIN 5008 Aug 21, 2015

Florian Wollenschein wrote:

... page margin for my invoice template. In Word I have chosen 2cm

FWIW, in Germany the left margin should be 25 mm. The addressbox is the only element that should be placed at 20 mm.

http://www.edv-lehrgang.de/din-5008/

Florian Wollenschein
Florian Wollenschein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but this does not work... Aug 21, 2015

Thanks, Emma and Alex, but unfortunately this does not work.

I already set the page margin to 2cm in Word and saved the file, etc. But as soon as I create an invoice in TO3000 the page margin is 1cm.

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you selecting the new template? Aug 22, 2015

That's very strange, are you sure you are selecting the correct template?

At the bottom of the invoice screen where it says RTF Templates you need to make sure you have selected the template you created.

Have you opened the template in Word and made sure the changes have been properly saved? i.e. when you open the template directly in Word the margin is correct? Maybe there was some problem saving the file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000 - How can I adjust the page margin?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »