Error message when trying to save a file in a Trados Studio 2011 project.
Thread poster: jcworrall (X)
jcworrall (X)
jcworrall (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:29
French to English
+ ...
Oct 26, 2015

Hi,

I have been working on a project in Studio 2011 all week, and then suddenly on Friday the following error message appears - The type initializer for Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliffFileWriter.XliffFileWrite threw an exception - and I cannot save any of the files in the project. Luckily everything is saved in the TM, but I now can't progress to finishing the files and creating return packages to send back to my client. I can't seem to find anything out about this error mess
... See more
Hi,

I have been working on a project in Studio 2011 all week, and then suddenly on Friday the following error message appears - The type initializer for Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliffFileWriter.XliffFileWrite threw an exception - and I cannot save any of the files in the project. Luckily everything is saved in the TM, but I now can't progress to finishing the files and creating return packages to send back to my client. I can't seem to find anything out about this error message online!

Has anyone got any ideas about how to resolve this? For context, I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month (or more) ago, but everything has been working smoothly until now!

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Comments? Oct 26, 2015

Josephina Worrall wrote:
Has anyone got any ideas about how to resolve this? For context, I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month (or more) ago, but everything has been working smoothly until now!

One well-known problem which SDL is aware of but has not yet (as far as I know) been able to track down is related to having comments in your files. If you have any comments, why not duplicate project, delete all comments and see if that helps?

Dan

jcworrall (X)
jcworrall (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Probably not Oct 26, 2015

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think there are any comments but I will check it out, much appreciated! The other thing I forgot to mention is that the source files are excel documents - I'm wondering if they are causing the issue some how.

Josephina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when trying to save a file in a Trados Studio 2011 project.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »