TMX to GlossML file
Thread poster: Vitor Machado
Vitor Machado
Vitor Machado
Brazil
Local time: 11:12
English to Portuguese
Oct 5, 2011

When working with swordfish, it requires that you create two DBs: one to TM and another to be used as terminology database. It's all right.

Yet Swordfish(SF) allows me to convert my DB into TMX format or save as XLIFF file. On the other hand, Anchovy doesn't let me open a TMX file.

It is possible to convert TMX to glossML file? or How can I convert my terminology database into glossML file?

Thank you in advance

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:12
English to Polish
+ ...
You can import TMX into a terminology database Oct 5, 2011

tonini wrote:

When working with swordfish, it requires that you create two DBs: one to TM and another to be used as terminology database. It's all right.

Yet Swordfish(SF) allows me to convert my DB into TMX format or save as XLIFF file. On the other hand, Anchovy doesn't let me open a TMX file.

It is possible to convert TMX to glossML file? or How can I convert my terminology database into glossML file?

Thank you in advance

You can import a TMX file into a terminology database.

Regards,

Piotr

Vitor Machado
Vitor Machado
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
no... Oct 5, 2011

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

You can import a TMX file into a terminology database.

Regards,

Piotr

I'm trying to do the opposite: convert a TMX file into a GlossML.

Maybe i expressed myself too crudly. Let me amend my topic.

Let us say that I finish a job and as a product of my work i get a database, which i can only export as TMX(using SF). Sadly Anchovy can not open TMX files.

Yes, I can open a glossML with SF and use it as my terminology DB, but i do not know how to do the opposite.

So my question is: Can i open a TMX file with Anchovy and save it as a glossML?

Regards,

Vitor T. Machado

[Edited at 2011-10-05 22:06 GMT]

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
XSL stylesheets Oct 6, 2011

Hi,

Conversion from GlossML to TMX can be done with an XSL stylesheet using the "XSL Transformation" option from Tasks menu.

Stylesheets for converting GlossML to several formats are included in the program and they can be used as examples for creating a stylesheet that generates GlossML from TMX.

Contact [email protected] if you need help creating the stylesheet.

Regards,
Rodolf
... See more
Hi,

Conversion from GlossML to TMX can be done with an XSL stylesheet using the "XSL Transformation" option from Tasks menu.

Stylesheets for converting GlossML to several formats are included in the program and they can be used as examples for creating a stylesheet that generates GlossML from TMX.

Regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
It's an interesting challenge Oct 21, 2011

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

Hi,

Regards,
Rodolfo

Rodolfo, are you planning to make a TMXtoGlossML stylesheet? If not, I will try to take the bull by the horns.

Regards,

Piotr

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
XSL Stylesheet for converting TMX to GlossML Oct 21, 2011

Hi Piotr,

The XSL stylesheet for converting TMX to GlossML is ready. You can download it from http://www.maxprograms.com/glossml/tmx2gls.xsl.

Next build of Swordfish III will include the stylesheet.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Piotr Bienkowski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Thanks for the XSL stylesheet Oct 21, 2011

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

Hi Piotr,

The XSL stylesheet for converting TMX to GlossML is ready. You can download it from http://www.maxprograms.com/glossml/tmx2gls.xsl.

Next build of Swordfish III will include the stylesheet.

Regards,
Rodolfo

I sometimes succeed in making working stylesheets by putting them together from parts that other people wrote. I hope to learn something from your stylesheet as well.

Regards

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMX to GlossML file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »