Thread poster: Wouter Vanhees
Wouter Vanhees
Wouter Vanhees  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Flemish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2011

Hello,

I have a question regarding Swordfish's compatibility with other proprietary CAT-tool file formats.

According to Max Program's website, Swordfish can handle Trados TTX and WordFast TXML files without a problem. I already work with MemoQ which can handle presegmented TTX files, but apparently presegmentation isn't even necessary in Swordfish. I would like to verify if Swordfish really does handle (not-presegmented) TTX and TXML files without a hitch. Does anyone h
... See more
Hello,

I have a question regarding Swordfish's compatibility with other proprietary CAT-tool file formats.

According to Max Program's website, Swordfish can handle Trados TTX and WordFast TXML files without a problem. I already work with MemoQ which can handle presegmented TTX files, but apparently presegmentation isn't even necessary in Swordfish. I would like to verify if Swordfish really does handle (not-presegmented) TTX and TXML files without a hitch. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers!

Wouter
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:46
English to Spanish
TTX and TXML Oct 21, 2011

Swordfish can segment TTX files but it is better if you have a TTX segmented by the client. There will always be some differences between segmentation done by your client and segmentation done by you, even if you both use Trados.

TXML files are already segmented when they are created so handling them in Swordfish is easy and trouble free.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:46
English to Polish
+ ...
True Oct 21, 2011

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

Swordfish can segment TTX files but it is better if you have a TTX segmented by the client. There will always be some differences between segmentation done by your client and segmentation done by you, even if you both use Trados.

TXML files are already segmented when they are created so handling them in Swordfish is easy and trouble free.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Rodolfo is the maker of Swordfish III, while I, as a long term user of Swordfish, can confirm that it is better to have presegmented/pretranslated TTX files for translation in Swordfish. Swordfish follows different segmentation rules in TTX files than TagEditor and the segments can sometimes be not what you'd expect in TagEditor.

There is indeed no problem with the processing of TXML files.

Regards,

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Swordfish compatibility with Trados TTX and WF TXML

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »