fatal error 190:6
Thread poster: French Foodie
French Foodie
French Foodie  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:59
French to English
+ ...
Jan 23, 2013

I am in a real bind - I am working on a text for tomorrow. The power cut out in my office and shut down the computer as I was in the middle of working in Swordfish.
Now, when I try to open the program, I receive the following message: "fatal error 190:6. The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup."
It will not let me open the program at all. I am in a panic!
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide as quickly as possible.

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Delete SwordfishIII.xml Jan 23, 2013

I assume you use Swordfish III. So you should find the file name "SwordfishIII.xml" on your system and delete it.

Then Swordfish should start normally, but some of your settings will be lost.

On Windows 7 the file can be found under: C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Maxprograms

Hope this helps.

Piotr

French Foodie
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
in Mac? Jan 23, 2013

Thank you very much Piotr
I work on Mac, do you happen to know where it would be located there? I've done a search, but it doesn't show...

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
On a Mac Jan 23, 2013

On a Mac the preferences file is located at: ~/Library/Preferences/Maxprograms

Regards,
Rodolfo

French Foodie
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still can't find it Jan 23, 2013

When I go to library/preferences, there is no Maxprograms folder...
The only maxprograms folder I can find is under Swordfish/catalog/maxprograms and in it there are only 3 files: configuration.dtd, xliffProject.dtd and xliffProject.xsd

French Foodie
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it! Jan 23, 2013

And it worked!
Thank you so much for your quick replies

French Foodie
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
happens every time I shut down Swordfish Jan 28, 2013

Removing the file worked, and I was able to open Swordfish again.
But now this happens every time I shut it down! I turn my computer off at night, and the next day I get an error message when I try to start the program. Today the error message was:
[Fatal Error] 110:6 The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
I removed the SwordfishIII file, and then I was able to start Swordfish just fine. But it is a little frustrating to have to do this e
... See more
Removing the file worked, and I was able to open Swordfish again.
But now this happens every time I shut it down! I turn my computer off at night, and the next day I get an error message when I try to start the program. Today the error message was:
[Fatal Error] 110:6 The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
I removed the SwordfishIII file, and then I was able to start Swordfish just fine. But it is a little frustrating to have to do this every time I want to start the program!
Is there anyway of rectifying the problem permanently?
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
Close the program before shutting down Jan 28, 2013

Close Swordfish and allow a minute for all your data to be flushed to disk before shutting down the computer. Never force the program to quit.

Regards,
Rodolfo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

fatal error 190:6

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »