Thread poster: 7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
Local time: 22:09
English to French
Mar 19, 2015

Hi,

I have issues with importing tmx and tbx in a swordfish database. I have tried with both tmx TMs (created with OmegaT) and a tbx glossary (Microsoft Term Collection available online). The import seems to take place alright, as SF informs me that X segments have been imported and 0 have been discarded. I then enable the database in Select ™ Databases/Select Terminology Databases and Concordance Search.
I
convert my file to xliff, but SF does not find any matches ei
... See more
Hi,

I have issues with importing tmx and tbx in a swordfish database. I have tried with both tmx TMs (created with OmegaT) and a tbx glossary (Microsoft Term Collection available online). The import seems to take place alright, as SF informs me that X segments have been imported and 0 have been discarded. I then enable the database in Select ™ Databases/Select Terminology Databases and Concordance Search.
I
convert my file to xliff, but SF does not find any matches either in terminology or ™ (and I know for sure that there are some as it works in OmegaT with the same file and the tmx contains the exact matches).

Anyone ever encountered this type of issues?

Also, can Swordfish handle tab-delimited glossary (txt files)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Morgane.
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:09
English to Spanish
Language codes Mar 19, 2015

Make sure you use the same language codes in your XLIFF file and in your TMX/TBX files.

Swordfish supports tab delimited files too. There is an option for importing CSV files in Database menu that you can use.

Also, make sure you are using version 3.2-2

Regards,
Rodolfo

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working Mar 19, 2015

Hi Rodolfo,

I've checked the language pairs already, unfortunately, SF still does not retrieve anything from the termbase or the TM (although it informs me that the import was smoothly carried out)..

I'm testing a couple of software, and swordfish sounds promising, that's why I'm kind of upset that I seem unable to make it work properly!

Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply to me

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Codes and db selection Mar 19, 2015

What language codes do you use in your XLIFF file and what codes do you have in your TMX file?

Have you marked your databases as selected for TM and term searches?

Have you tried a concordance search?

What version of Swordfish are you using?

Regards,
Rodolfo

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Confusing… Mar 19, 2015

I used a text in English EN-US to translate into French FR-FR. I've ticked the boxes in the Select Terminology/TM Databases. The concordance search does not work for the tmx, but it works for the tbx (though it does not appear in the terminology box next to text editor, only if I do a concordance search).
I've just downloaded the last version this morning 3.2-2, but it was not working in the old one before… I really don't understand why…

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Wrong codes Mar 19, 2015

Hi,

I asked for the codes used in the XLIFF and the codes used in the TMX.

Swordfish would never use "EN-US" or "FR-FR" because that's wrong syntax. The right codes would be "en-US" and "fr-FR" so I guess you did not check the files in a text editor.

Please send the XLIFF and TMX files zipped to [email protected] and the codes will be examined.

Regards,
Rodolfo

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks anyway! Mar 20, 2015

I actually thought tmx would use the same standards no matter what software created it. Anyway, I changed it to fr-FR and en-US but it still does not recognise it. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, I'll just follow your advice,

Morgane.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import tbx / tmx

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »