Stefanie Weeber
Stefanie Weeber
Germany
Local time: 23:28
English to German
+ ...
Apr 11, 2015

Hello,

As I'm a Mac user I was happy to find Swordfish. I'm really thinking about buying it, but some I cannot make the program work properly.
I've picked a small project for which I have a separat TM and Termbase. I exported those (from MemoQ), prepared them to be ready for swordfish, did a TMX-check, created databases, checked the language codes (which are kinda hard to find in MemoQ as they seem to be slightly different compared to other programs) and then imported everythi
... See more
Hello,

As I'm a Mac user I was happy to find Swordfish. I'm really thinking about buying it, but some I cannot make the program work properly.
I've picked a small project for which I have a separat TM and Termbase. I exported those (from MemoQ), prepared them to be ready for swordfish, did a TMX-check, created databases, checked the language codes (which are kinda hard to find in MemoQ as they seem to be slightly different compared to other programs) and then imported everything to swordfish.
So far, so good.
But when I then open my source text, there are no TM matches neither are there Termbase matches. Auto-translate also doesn't work.

I have no idea what went wrong.

Does anybody, who is more experienced in this program, have any idea why I don't get any matches?

Looking forward to your responses.

Kind regards
Stefanie
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:28
English to Spanish
Checking codes Apr 11, 2015

Hi,

Export your TM database asTMX from Swordfish.

Open the TMX file in TextWrangler (free text editor for Mac)

Find the language codes and write them down. To find the codes search for "xml:lang"

Open the XLIFF file in TextWrangler an search for the codes. Make sure they match the TMX ones.

In Tasks menu select Select TM Databases an make sure your database has a check mark on the left.

In Options menu check that Auto
... See more
Hi,

Export your TM database asTMX from Swordfish.

Open the TMX file in TextWrangler (free text editor for Mac)

Find the language codes and write them down. To find the codes search for "xml:lang"

Open the XLIFF file in TextWrangler an search for the codes. Make sure they match the TMX ones.

In Tasks menu select Select TM Databases an make sure your database has a check mark on the left.

In Options menu check that Auto Translations are checked.

Also in Option menu, check that fuzzy term searches are enabled and that they are not case sensitive.

This should cover most common issues.

Regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

Stefanie Weeber
Stefanie Weeber
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translation memory works now - but not termbase Apr 11, 2015

Hello Rodolfo,

Thanks for your suggestions. I exported the TM database as TMX from Swordfish and basically re-imported it again and this worked fine.

I tried the same with the termbases (export them to GlossML and then re-import this file) as I still get no suggestions, bit I got an error message from java:

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol

Do you have any suggestions t
... See more
Hello Rodolfo,

Thanks for your suggestions. I exported the TM database as TMX from Swordfish and basically re-imported it again and this worked fine.

I tried the same with the termbases (export them to GlossML and then re-import this file) as I still get no suggestions, bit I got an error message from java:

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol

Do you have any suggestions to this error message?

If you can help me out in this case as ell, then all my issues are solved, my concerns are gone and I'm definitely going to buy this nice program.

Kind regards
Stefanie
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
TMX is enough Apr 12, 2015

Hi,

You don't need to convert to GlossML. Export as TMX and that should be enough.

Regards
Rodolfo

Stefanie Weeber
Stefanie Weeber
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Has worked, but only see the term columns Apr 12, 2015

Hello Rodolfo,

this has worked fine, thank you. I didn't know that it is possible to import a termbase as a TMX file.

But how can I make sure to see all the columns that are defined (comment and the definition columns)? I have those columns in the CSV file, and I also defined them when opening the file in Anchovy, but when I then import the file in Swordfish, only the terms are visible in the terminology pane?

I'm really sorry that I'm asking all the questi
... See more
Hello Rodolfo,

this has worked fine, thank you. I didn't know that it is possible to import a termbase as a TMX file.

But how can I make sure to see all the columns that are defined (comment and the definition columns)? I have those columns in the CSV file, and I also defined them when opening the file in Anchovy, but when I then import the file in Swordfish, only the terms are visible in the terminology pane?

I'm really sorry that I'm asking all the questions here, but I cannot find anything in the manuals to this point.

Thanks again for your great support! I really appreciate it!

Stefanie
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Terms only Apr 12, 2015

Hi,

Only terms are displayed on the terminology panel. Comments and definitions are only visible when working in Anchovy.

Regards,
Rodolfo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM and termbase import worked - but no matches

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »