German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Local time: 03:45
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 16, 2012

I have Wordfast Pro 3.1 installed. Yesterday I worked as usual, and today when I tried to use wordfast, I got an error. It would just not start, something about a log. I uninstalled JAVA and Wordfast and installed them both again.
After that, Wordfast starts fine, but when I start working on a project I get the following:
"Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information.
Invalid locale code (null)."
or
... See more
I have Wordfast Pro 3.1 installed. Yesterday I worked as usual, and today when I tried to use wordfast, I got an error. It would just not start, something about a log. I uninstalled JAVA and Wordfast and installed them both again.
After that, Wordfast starts fine, but when I start working on a project I get the following:
"Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information.
Invalid locale code (null)."
org.gs4tr.fopundation.locale.localeException.

Can anyone help me please? I'm in a hurry!

I have Windows 7, 64 bits, if it matters.
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 08:45
English to Arabic
TM Sep 16, 2012

Please try to deselect the current TM for a while and create a new TM. See if this solves the problem and stops the error message - just trying to determine the source of the problem.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found Solution! Sep 16, 2012

Thanks for your reply!
The TM was new and apparently it wasn't the problem, I deselect the terminology file I had, created a new one and I have no problems at all now. I am working just fine so far!

Check this: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WF_PRO/message/8063

Nadine Mondestin

Nadine Mondestin
Nadine Mondestin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:45
English to Haitian-Creole
+ ...
Thank you! Jul 4, 2020

Eight years later and your solution helped me with a book-length project that was suddenly intractable!

German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Jul 4, 2020

I'm glad this post help you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.1: 'Next Segment (TM Commit)' did not complete normally

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »