Marianne Eden (X)
Marianne Eden (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 10:46
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 27, 2018

Hi,

I get this message when I try to save a file in a project.
The other files save without any problem.

Thanks.

Marianne

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Same problem! Sep 10, 2018

Did you find a work around for this?

Victoria Barkoff
Victoria Barkoff  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:46
French to English
+ ...
"unable to find appropriate filter" solution Sep 21, 2018

I ran into the same problem today with a recent version of WF Pro (5.4.3). My rather tedious workaround was to save the file as a bilingual table and reformat the translated text, as I needed to finish the job.

Wordfast Support later gave me this explanation: "The "Unable to find appropriate filter" error message is most commonly caused by mismatching tags. Please run Transcheck All and make sure all tags check out (same number of tags in both columns)." I went back to the Wordfast
... See more
I ran into the same problem today with a recent version of WF Pro (5.4.3). My rather tedious workaround was to save the file as a bilingual table and reformat the translated text, as I needed to finish the job.

Wordfast Support later gave me this explanation: "The "Unable to find appropriate filter" error message is most commonly caused by mismatching tags. Please run Transcheck All and make sure all tags check out (same number of tags in both columns)." I went back to the Wordfast document and added any missing tags. I was then able to save the translated file.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro message: "Wordfast unable to find appropriate filter"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »