Thread poster: Magdalena Psiuk
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:47
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
It happened to me today Oct 5, 2020

First of all, I've used WfC since 2004 and never had a similar problem.
Today, it cleaned the first 4.000 characters out of 50.000 in a document, and so looking for a solution I found this thread.

The first part was ok, the rest didn't contain any hidden text though but only "normal" fonts, with {,}, >, < and so on, so I couldn't search for hidden text, and it was unthinkable to delete manually all the text of the source language (several thousand words...). I found myself i
... See more
First of all, I've used WfC since 2004 and never had a similar problem.
Today, it cleaned the first 4.000 characters out of 50.000 in a document, and so looking for a solution I found this thread.

The first part was ok, the rest didn't contain any hidden text though but only "normal" fonts, with {,}, >, < and so on, so I couldn't search for hidden text, and it was unthinkable to delete manually all the text of the source language (several thousand words...). I found myself in a nightmare.

Finally, I decided to run the original file again with the TM, and it worked! I noticed, though, that some of the latest corrections and some of the spell corrections were lost, so it still cost me quite some time but I felt very relieved!

For what it is worth, maybe trying this solution could work too for someone in the same situation.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast clean-up doesn't work

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »