<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
	<channel>
		<title>ProZ.com Translation Forums</title>
		<link>http://vie.proz.com/forums/</link>
		<atom:link href="http://vie.proz.com/forums/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml"/>		<description>Forum: In memoriam</description>
		<language>en-us</language>
		<pubDate>Thu, 01 Oct 2026 20:57:44 +0000</pubDate>
		<lastBuildDate>Thu, 01 Oct 2026 20:57:44 +0000</lastBuildDate>
		<docs>http://www.proz.com/faq</docs>
		<managingEditor>support@proz.com (ProZ.com Support)</managingEditor>
		<webMaster>support@proz.com (ProZ.com Support)</webMaster>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis | Very very sad news</title>
			<author>Angie Garbarino</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3119531#3119531</link>
			<pubDate>Wed, 16 Sep 2026 12:48:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Angie Garbarino&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Very very sad news&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I &quot;met&quot; him many times in kudoz, great loss... a very respected member, once again we are nothing here. &lt;br /&gt;Buon viaggio Jim</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis | Why???</title>
			<author>Xanthippe</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3119525#3119525</link>
			<pubDate>Wed, 16 Sep 2026 12:08:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Xanthippe&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Why???&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;[quote]Gregor Trebec wrote:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Seyshels? It just shows how poreful once translation was and payable.&lt;br /&gt;[/quote]&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Sorry, but why do you say that? It doesn’t seem very kind, and it’s certainly inappropriate for the situation.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis | A funny, generous colleague</title>
			<author>Angela Arnone</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3118933#3118933</link>
			<pubDate>Mon, 07 Sep 2026 13:25:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Angela Arnone&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; A funny, generous colleague&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;So sorry to learn about Jim. He was living the dream - I saw him in Rome just before he headed off to the Seychelles. I&#039;m glad he managed to spend that time where he longed to be. Safe travels, Jim. </description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis | What a loss</title>
			<author>texjax DDS PhD</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3118885#3118885</link>
			<pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2026 15:38:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; texjax DDS PhD&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; What a loss&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I’m deeply saddened by the news. I have no words. We had a few exchanges over the years, and I held him in very high regard. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Ciao Jim. May you rest in peace.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis | Very sad news</title>
			<author>writeaway</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3118873#3118873</link>
			<pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2026 10:55:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; writeaway&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Very sad news&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;He was a highly respected member of Proz.  </description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis | Well...</title>
			<author>Gregor Trebec</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3118871#3118871</link>
			<pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2026 10:24:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Gregor Trebec&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Well...&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;Seyshels? It just shows how poreful once translation was and payable.&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;RIP for your friend</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis | Sad news</title>
			<author>Russell Jones</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3118865#3118865</link>
			<pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2026 09:22:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Russell Jones&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Sad news&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;Thank you for posting Daniela&lt;br /&gt;I was never lucky enough to meet Jim but we had quite a few exchanges on - and off - the site when I was translating regularly.  He was always very helpful - and a real character.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P James (Jim) Davis</title>
			<author>Daniela Zambrini</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3118862#3118862</link>
			<pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2026 08:56:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P James (Jim) Davis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Daniela Zambrini&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I was very sorry to hear of the passing of Jim James Davis (April 2026).&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Jim was one of the early members of ProZ.com and a remarkably generous contributor to the Italian–English KudoZ community. His knowledge and willingness to help made him a familiar and valued presence here for many years.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt; [url removed] &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I had the pleasure of meeting Jim in person in the Seychelles, where he lived, and I have very fond memories of a fun afternoon in his beautiful garden, chatting about his life and interests, including his passion for diving.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;It is always particularly sad to lose someone who was part of the ProZ.com community from almost the beginning. Jim leaves behind not only an impressive contribution to our shared terminology resources, but also many fond memories.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Rest in peace, Jim.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>In Memory of a Fellow KudoZ Contributor</title>
			<author>expressisverbis</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3110308#3110308</link>
			<pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2026 01:24:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; In Memory of a Fellow KudoZ Contributor&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; expressisverbis&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;Saddened to hear of the passing of a fellow ProZ.com member whom I knew through KudoZ: Jorge Rodrigues. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;My condolences to their family and colleagues. He will be missed within the translation community.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;May he rest in peace.&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt; [url removed] &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;[Edited at 2026-05-08 09:02 GMT]</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos | I am deeply saddened on two counts</title>
			<author>Robert Forstag</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3078635#3078635</link>
			<pubDate>Thu, 05 Jun 2025 18:15:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Robert Forstag&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; I am deeply saddened on two counts&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Regarding Muriel, I would echo Kathryn&#039;s comments. She seemed to be highly active both in her work and participation in Kudoz until at least 5-6 years ago. I had no idea of her age, although she did indicate a number of times that she was &quot;old.&quot;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I worked with her remotely on one project and we exchanged e-mails on a number of occasions. She struck me as very sharp and accomplished, and yet also as unfailingly courteous. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Her passing saddens me.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;II.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I also had no idea that Paul Dixon had passed. I remember his many posts over the years expressing frustration and even asking for advice about how he might obtain more work. I think that so many were in his position when the convulsive changes hit the world of freelance translation beginning about 12 years ago:  bewildered by the sudden loss of work; hoping against hope that the tide might somehow turn; and yet too old to realistically embark upon another career path. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;If Baran is right (and I truly hope that he is wrong!) Paul&#039;s passing is a good deal sadder than that of Muriel. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;[Edited at 2025-06-05 18:21 GMT]</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos | R.I.P.</title>
			<author>S. Kathryn Jiménez Boyd</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3078112#3078112</link>
			<pubDate>Fri, 30 May 2025 20:11:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; S. Kathryn Jiménez Boyd&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P.&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;She answered many of my Kudoz questions for medical translation over the years, I always respected her knowledge and experience.&lt;br /&gt;91 years old! And she kept contributing to the translating world, helping others, even at her advanced age. What a woman and a great role model! D.E.P. Muriel.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos | Indeed</title>
			<author>Baran Keki</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3077936#3077936</link>
			<pubDate>Thu, 29 May 2025 09:52:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Baran Keki&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Indeed&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;[quote]Peter Motte wrote:&lt;br /&gt;We rarely see a translator&#039;s obituary in a newspaper. It tells something about her impact. [/quote]&lt;br /&gt;And yet Paul Dixon shuffled off this mortal coil quietly while waiting for that job that never came.&lt;br /&gt;In all likelihood, he died broke and depressed. The current state of the industry, AI and empowerment have all likely contributed to his death.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos | R.I.P.</title>
			<author>Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3077894#3077894</link>
			<pubDate>Wed, 28 May 2025 16:08:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P.&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I know that over the years she suffered several health troubles and other struggles, but just as in her professional life, she faced them with courage, grace and determination. Thanks to Quick Polls, we discovered that we had some things in common and exchanged emails fairly regularly. My last email, about two years ago, went unanswered. I found it strange, but I confess that I was even afraid to investigate. She will be missed!</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos | R.I.P.</title>
			<author>Liena V.</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3077882#3077882</link>
			<pubDate>Wed, 28 May 2025 14:12:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Liena V.&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P.&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I&#039;ve been thinking I had not seen her here for a while, I always enjoyed her posts. Now I learn we were born on the same day 50 years apart! Good-bye, Muriel, you will be missed.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos | Rare breed</title>
			<author>Peter Motte</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3077846#3077846</link>
			<pubDate>Wed, 28 May 2025 08:47:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Peter Motte&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Rare breed&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;We rarely see a translator&#039;s obituary in a newspaper. It tells something about her impact.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos | My Deepest Condolences</title>
			<author>Novian Cahyadi (X)</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3077830#3077830</link>
			<pubDate>Wed, 28 May 2025 05:11:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Novian Cahyadi (X)&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; My Deepest Condolences&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;She was one of the forum regulars, wasn&#039;t she? From her comments, we knew she was rather unwell. It&#039;s heartbreaking to hear this news.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;May she rest in peace. May her family, friends, and loved ones gained the strength to get through this sorrowful event.</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos</title>
			<author>Helena Chavarria</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3077809#3077809</link>
			<pubDate>Tue, 27 May 2025 21:25:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; R.I.P. Muriel Vasconcellos&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Helena Chavarria&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I have just read that Muriel Vasconcellos passed away on 14 September 2024. You could tell that she was a real professional and I always enjoyed reading her comments on Proz. May she rest in peace.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt; [url removed] </description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Rip Francine Alloncle  | Rip Francine</title>
			<author>Xanthippe</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3062177#3062177</link>
			<pubDate>Fri, 06 Dec 2024 21:15:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Rip Francine Alloncle &lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Xanthippe&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Rip Francine&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;So sad. RIP Francine</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Rip Francine Alloncle </title>
			<author>Angie Garbarino</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3062143#3062143</link>
			<pubDate>Fri, 06 Dec 2024 16:55:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Rip Francine Alloncle &lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Angie Garbarino&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I have just been informed that our colleague Francine Alloncle  [url removed]  passed away last October 2023, she was a friend of mine, she will be always in my memories. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;[Edited at 2024-12-06 19:22 GMT]</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>RIP Johannes Westenfelder</title>
			<author>TonyTK</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3041941#3041941</link>
			<pubDate>Sat, 18 May 2024 08:10:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; RIP Johannes Westenfelder&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; TonyTK&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;Dr. Johannes Westenfelder will be remembered by many here who studied in Germersheim. He was a brilliant linguist and an accomplished musician. I will always remember him as a great cook and a very funny and humble man.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Here&#039;s the (German-language) obituary from the Mainz University website:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt; [url removed] &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Another legend gone - Leonid Volodarskiy is dead</title>
			<author>Evgeny Sidorenko</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3006955#3006955</link>
			<pubDate>Tue, 08 Aug 2023 14:28:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Another legend gone - Leonid Volodarskiy is dead&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Evgeny Sidorenko&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;Yesterday we lost a legend of Soviet/Russian translation/interpreting, Leonid Volodarskiy. First of all known as the first interpreter of hundreds of Western movies that came to Russia since 1980s (with the typical nasal dubbing voice due to the twice broken nose), he also was a talented literary translator, with his works including Salinger and King. He interpreted most movies simultaneously wthout preparation and never watched them afterwards. Drink a toast to his memory, guys...</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Ivan Mondo, one of us | Una vera tragedia </title>
			<author>Angie Garbarino</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/3002953#3002953</link>
			<pubDate>Mon, 03 Jul 2023 13:38:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Ivan Mondo, one of us&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Angie Garbarino&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Una vera tragedia &lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;Eravamo amici in FB&lt;br /&gt;Davvero troppo giovane. Che dispiacere. </description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Ivan Mondo, one of us | Mi dispiace tanto</title>
			<author>Laura Gentili</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2999245#2999245</link>
			<pubDate>Wed, 24 May 2023 16:22:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Ivan Mondo, one of us&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Laura Gentili&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Mi dispiace tanto&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;Mi dispiace tanto. Mi sembra di aver letto qualcosa sulla sua malattia su LinkedIn. In ebraico diciamo: che la sua anima possa sempre restare legata al fascio della vita.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Laura</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Ivan Mondo, one of us | profile</title>
			<author>Silvia Prendin</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2998988#2998988</link>
			<pubDate>Tue, 23 May 2023 09:18:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Ivan Mondo, one of us&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Silvia Prendin&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; profile&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I believe this was one of his profiles on ProZ.com:  [url removed] &lt;br /&gt;</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Ivan Mondo, one of us</title>
			<author>Silvia Prendin</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2998949#2998949</link>
			<pubDate>Tue, 23 May 2023 07:34:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Ivan Mondo, one of us&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Silvia Prendin&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I&#039;m opening this post to inform fellow translators and anyone who was in touch with him, that Ivan Mondo - translator, teacher and father of three young children - has passed away on May 18th at the age of 52.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I guess he used to have an account on ProZ.com.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Here&#039;s the official death notice:  [url removed] &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;He moved from Italy (Piedmont) to Ireland in 2016 with his family, as he loved the country and for better opportunities. More info available here:  [url removed] &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Francesca Pesce passed away last year | Ok Cristel</title>
			<author>Angie Garbarino</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2964076#2964076</link>
			<pubDate>Tue, 12 Jul 2022 11:23:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Francesca Pesce passed away last year&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Angie Garbarino&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; Ok Cristel&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;[quote]Christel Zipfel wrote:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt; [url removed]  [/quote]&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Thanks for informing me. I posted there but I forgot. Sorry&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;[Edited at 2022-07-12 11:25 GMT]</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Francesca Pesce passed away last year | -.-</title>
			<author>Christel Zipfel</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2964073#2964073</link>
			<pubDate>Tue, 12 Jul 2022 11:20:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Francesca Pesce passed away last year&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Christel Zipfel&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; -.-&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt; [url removed] </description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>Francesca Pesce passed away last year</title>
			<author>Angie Garbarino</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2964040#2964040</link>
			<pubDate>Tue, 12 Jul 2022 08:19:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; Francesca Pesce passed away last year&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Angie Garbarino&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;I have just realized that Francesca Pesce  [url removed]  passed away in 2021,  [url removed]  &lt;br /&gt;I met her in 2006 at the powwow in Rome, a very smart person, she will be missed. &lt;br /&gt;My sincere condolences to her family&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;[Edited at 2022-07-12 08:21 GMT]</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>RIP Kay-Viktor Stegemann | My Condolences </title>
			<author>Marina Steinbach</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2949040#2949040</link>
			<pubDate>Fri, 18 Mar 2022 23:14:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; RIP Kay-Viktor Stegemann&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Marina Steinbach&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; My Condolences &lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;[quote]Iris Schmerda wrote:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Some sad news: I just found out that our dear colleague Kay-Viktor Stegemann (English to German) has passed away at the end of January. I didn’t know him personally, but think that we losed a friendly and pleasant person with a professional approach to translation. My condolences go to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt; [url removed] &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt; [url removed]  [/quote]&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I once read his profile and am shocked that he passed away at the young age of 60.  &lt;br /&gt;My condolences to his family and friends.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Sincerely,&lt;br /&gt;Marina</description>
		</item>
		<item>
			<title>RIP Kay-Viktor Stegemann | He ...</title>
			<author>Matthias Brombach</author>
			<category>In memoriam</category>
			<link>http://vie.proz.com/post/2949034#2949034</link>
			<pubDate>Fri, 18 Mar 2022 20:48:00 +0000</pubDate>
			<description>&lt;b&gt;Forum:&lt;/b&gt; In memoriam&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Topic:&lt;/b&gt; RIP Kay-Viktor Stegemann&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Poster:&lt;/b&gt; Matthias Brombach&lt;br/&gt;&lt;b&gt;Post title:&lt;/b&gt; He ...&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;... contacted me - out of the blue - one day, just because I live in Kiel, where he used to live before (or was born, I can&#039;t remember). A very friendly person, therefore a true colleague.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;[Bearbeitet am 2022-03-18 20:50 GMT]</description>
		</item>
	</channel>
</rss>