French property sales contracts (Compromis de vente) - legal terminology
Translators - grab a piece of this niche French property translation market!
Learn about how the French residential property market functions and about its' specialist terminology
Develop or enhance a specialism in this buoyant sector
* Established translators looking to develop a new specialism and/ or enhance existing knowledge
* New translators looking to develop a specialism in this area
* Buyers and sellers of residential property in France
* Professionals linked to buyers and sellers such as lawyers, estate agents, surveyors
* You will develop or enhance an existing specialism in this niche area
* You will learn about the legal system for buying and selling property in France
* You will learn specific and specialised terminology
* You will be able to position yourself as the "go to" translator
* No previous knowledge or experience in this area required as the course will take you through the basics leading on to more in - depth and detailed content
Click to expand
* System for buying and selling residential property in France
* Personnel involved: notaires (lawyers), agents immobilier (estate agents), experts (surveyors)
* Documents involved: compromise de vente (sales contracts), mortgages, completion contracts, content inventories, survey reports, Cadastre (Land Registry) entries, planning permissions, correspondence (emails and letters) with lawyers, estate agents, surveyors and their clients
* Legal issues and terminology: buyers and sellers, property descriptions, easements (rights over the property), financial and other legal charges such as mortgages and debts attached to the property, funding the property purchase by mortgage, loan, deposit, lawyers' and estate agents' fees and commission, possession and occupation by owners, tenants, squatters, entering into possession and enjoyment of the property, cancellation of the contract prior to completion, registration of the property with the Cadastre
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
Note: if you have a credit to redeem please feel free to purchase this training with your credit by clicking on a "Purchase for $ (Use purchase credit)" button on your right as it is suggested on this screenshot. More information about training credits please find here.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Important: Those that purchase a seat in advance may be able to pay an "early bird" or cheaper price, and those that confirm participation later or last minute, may likely get to pay a higher fee. In some training sessions a price increase based on the number of registrants may also apply, i.e. the first 15 registered pay one price, the next 10 pay a a slightly higher price etc.
Early payment is advised in order to secure participation and help reach the course minimum participation - unfortunately, courses may occasionally be cancelled or rescheduled, if the confirmed participation in advance is very low.
sue leschen View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training