Translation of official documents, contracts and certificates for beginners
By means of carefully selected examples and thoroughly prepared training steps, participants may familiarize with the translation of different types of official texts based mainly on legalese. The goal is to develop a certain level of expertise and reach the point where one will submit a translation that is a TRUE TRANSLATION OF THE ORIGINAL pursuant to clearly outlined standards.
The main objective of the webinar is to help participants deal with phrases, words or other items in the original document that are unclear, illegible, incorrect or typed wrongly and practice using notes and brackets as well as other tricks used by certified translators to render an accurate and faithful translation.
The webinar does not offer templates and solutions, but rather structured steps to acquire knowledge and skill based on practice and application of search engines and thorough research.
The webinar is based on authentic and original common legal documents in US and UK English whereby UK English is presented through official documents issued in different member states of the European Union.
- Freelancers starting in the translation industry.
- Freelancers who want to expand their clients database.
- Translators preparing for the position of a court translator.
This course focuses on the following objectives:
1. To learn how to handle the translation of official documents.
2. To familiarise with the different characteristics of personal identity documents, contracts, licences, certificates and similar documents.
3. To learn how to deal with phrases, words or other items in the original document that are unclear, illegible, incorrect or typed wrongly.
4. To practice using notes and brackets as well as other tricks used by certified translators to render an accurate and faithful translation.
Pen and paper
Click to expand
3. Court documents
4. Last-minute solutions
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 25.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording and handouts provided by the trainer.
How do I purchase the video?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the video?
Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here.
Where can I find a certificate of attendance?
A certificate of attendance can be issued upon training completion and as per your request. A certificate of attendance can be downloaded at http://www.proz.com/profile/?show_mode=standard#trainings
Jasmina Djordjevic View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.