Anyone use S-pen devices for notetaking on interpreting jobs?
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Nov 4, 2023

If yes, which ones and how satisfied are you?

I was considering trying it, but the ones I have don't seem quite right for the job:

Old Note 9 phone - probably too small
Tab S7+ - seems too big and bulky at 12.4" and 575g, plus it's my main home device

Though about buying a Samsung S6 Lite 2022 - currently for $224, seems about right at 10.4" and 420g. Anyone ever use that one? Is S-pen quality and performance and stuff like palm rejection comparable t
... See more
If yes, which ones and how satisfied are you?

I was considering trying it, but the ones I have don't seem quite right for the job:

Old Note 9 phone - probably too small
Tab S7+ - seems too big and bulky at 12.4" and 575g, plus it's my main home device

Though about buying a Samsung S6 Lite 2022 - currently for $224, seems about right at 10.4" and 420g. Anyone ever use that one? Is S-pen quality and performance and stuff like palm rejection comparable to flagship products on that cheapie?

Any other good alternatives for a dedicated notetaking tablet? Rival brands?

Imho an ideal device would be ~9" and 350-400g with its own dedicated pressure-sensitive and multifunctional stylus (N-trig or Wacom tech).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Collapse

Tatyana Peruzzi
Tatyana Peruzzi  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:17
Member (2022)
English to Russian
+ ...
S7 Tab is fine. Other option - Rocketbook Jan 19

For home settings the S7 Tab works perfectly fine. Just try it if you have it already.
For onsite assignments I heard a lot of positive feedback regarding Rocketbook - a reusable notebook.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone use S-pen devices for notetaking on interpreting jobs?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »