traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chili
Local time: 17:12
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Transquotation Scam Apr 28, 2008

I just recieved the following e-mail:

Dear Agency/Translator,
Please visit our site to post or bid on projects in your language combination.
http://www.xxx.xxx

Project Board
www.xxx.com

This has occured 1 day after subscribing to full membership, something that calls my attention. D
... See more
I just recieved the following e-mail:

Dear Agency/Translator,
Please visit our site to post or bid on projects in your language combination.
http://www.xxx.xxx

Project Board
www.xxx.com

This has occured 1 day after subscribing to full membership, something that calls my attention. Does their Robot-spy flag new members? as a scheme to capture memberships for themselves.

Thanks for all your posts, its quite clear what one has to do in these cases: post it, spam it, and there is nothing romantic about these pirates.

[Editado a las 2008-04-28 22:14]
Collapse

Rosalicia De La Rosa
Rosalicia De La Rosa  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:12
Lid 2007
Engels naar Spaans
I paid full membership in TQ May 24, 2008

Ariana

My name is Rosalicia from Mexico and I paid 4 months ago 1 year in transquotation and I think they stole my money. I never get an answer I even tried just to make sure bids to $.01 cent per word!! and not even!!!!

So I lost almost $200 dlls I email them twice asking:

- How come there are no forums for translators?
- How come we're not able to see the agencies full information?
- How can I be certain the job post are real?

The
... See more
Ariana

My name is Rosalicia from Mexico and I paid 4 months ago 1 year in transquotation and I think they stole my money. I never get an answer I even tried just to make sure bids to $.01 cent per word!! and not even!!!!

They answered me:

We are just a site where job seekers bid for jobs posted by the translation agencies.

So don't even try to be a memeber that is all I can say.

Ariana Duarte wrote:

Hello everybody!

I´ve been contacting translators from Proz and other sites to ask them about the reliability of Transquotation. Some answered, some did not. My question was the following one:

I´m contacting translators because I want to subscribe to Transquotation and I´m not quite sure of the reliability of this page. Two argentinian colleagues have told me that they´ve never been contacted by any of the clients publishing jobs, so I´m wondering wether TQ is reliable or not.

The ones who answered me, told me that:1) they came across with TQ by ads, and 2) They didn´t even know the site.

I´ve been reading other forums and TQ´s reliability is still in the dark. My friend already invested his money on this site and, apparently, he has lost his money.

Now, my question is: What can be done?
or, what should WE do about it?

Thanks in advance!
Ariana.

[Editado a las 2007-03-27 20:58]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-25 20:01]
Collapse

Milton Guo
Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:12
Engels naar Chinees
+ ...
Watched my step Oct 28, 2008

I was lured by their huge projects on TQ recently, but my insight as a 6-year webmaster kept me from making payment: a bad-looking web design, no detailed address on site...

Now I saw this post, I am fully confident that TQ is a fraud that is not wise enough.

Thank you all for the inputs.

Stefano Incerti
Stefano Incerti
Italië
Local time: 23:12
Duits naar Italiaans
+ ...
Registration on Transquotation Feb 5, 2009

I was appealed by the great number and huge projects posted on this portal.

Unfortunately, I subscribed a 6 months full membership in order to able to bid on these projects.

The Paypal email I received surprised me a lot when I saw that the beneficiary of the money transfer was: paypal xx @ xx transquotation xx .cm
Pay attention: CM (Camerun) and not COM
I also tried to reach www. xx
... See more
I was appealed by the great number and huge projects posted on this portal.

Unfortunately, I subscribed a 6 months full membership in order to able to bid on these projects.

The Paypal email I received surprised me a lot when I saw that the beneficiary of the money transfer was: paypal xx @ xx transquotation xx .cm
Pay attention: CM (Camerun) and not COM
I also tried to reach www. xx transquotation xx .cm

The site does not exist at all as it is unreachable due to a virus so please don't point your browser there!

My impression, they cheat translators in subscribing to this sham site and they post appealing projects that don't exist.

This was one of my best investments

Regards

Rosalicia De La Rosa wrote:

Ariana

They answered me:

We are just a site where job seekers bid for jobs posted by the translation agencies.

So don't even try to be a memeber that is all I can say.

Ariana Duarte wrote:

Hello everybody!

I´ve been contacting translators from Proz and other sites to ask them about the reliability of Transquotation. Some answered, some did not. My question was the following one:

I´m contacting translators because I want to subscribe to Transquotation and I´m not quite sure of the reliability of this page. Two argentinian colleagues have told me that they´ve never been contacted by any of the clients publishing jobs, so I´m wondering wether TQ is reliable or not.

The ones who answered me, told me that:1) they came across with TQ by ads, and 2) They didn´t even know the site.

I´ve been reading other forums and TQ´s reliability is still in the dark. My friend already invested his money on this site and, apparently, he has lost his money.

Now, my question is: What can be done?
or, what should WE do about it?

Thanks in advance!
Ariana.

[Editado a las 2007-03-27 20:58]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-25 20:01]
Collapse

flaneur23
flaneur23  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Local time: 22:12
Duits naar Engels
+ ...
we got duped, too Dec 13, 2010

Hi, Happened to us, too. We signed up because of the big projects and ever since: nothing! Also, it is a concern that you cannot see the names of the agencies. I emailed transquotation about it and never got a response. It is a scam, I think!

Ambjörn Madegård
Ambjörn Madegård
Zweden
Lid 2006
Engels naar Zweeds
+ ...
A little bit too late Dec 20, 2010

Unfortunately I read this just a little bit too late
since I decided to try Tranquotation out again
and paid the membership today.

I was a member there maybe 3 years ago
but I never got ANY answer to any of my bids,
so now after reading this I guess I'm also
one in the gang of deceived customers.

patrizia musiu
patrizia musiu
Italië
Lid
Engels naar Italiaans
+ ...
I've received their e-mail today Jan 16, 2011

Thank you colleagues!
I received their e-mail few minutes ago, but I was sure not to have sent them any quote so I became a little bit suspicious and I taped the name Transquotation in Google. Fortunately ? joned this post in Proz in time to avoid a bad experience!

Francisco Paredes Maldonado
Francisco Paredes Maldonado  Identity Verified
Spanje
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
They're still doing it... Mar 22, 2011

Well, they are still at it, and they are still using the same lazy solicitation message three years later. I just received mine this morning, thus joining the select club of Transquotation spammees.

Scam or no scam, it's outright frightening how many people have given these leeches the benefit of doubt. I guess that, as long as people keep finding it acceptable to fork 100€ upfront for a vague promise of work, these parasites will collect enough membership fees to remain profitabl
... See more
Well, they are still at it, and they are still using the same lazy solicitation message three years later. I just received mine this morning, thus joining the select club of Transquotation spammees.

Scam or no scam, it's outright frightening how many people have given these leeches the benefit of doubt. I guess that, as long as people keep finding it acceptable to fork 100€ upfront for a vague promise of work, these parasites will collect enough membership fees to remain profitable.

I guess the best we can do is to report Transquotation e-mails as spam and try to get the word out. Frankly, the last thing the industry needs is yet another dodgy, for-pay job marketplace, especially if it's simply aggregating jobs from other sources.
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:12
MEDEWERKER SITE
Update posted May 5, 2011

Hello all,

Please see http://blogproz.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/please-share-translator-who-alerted-colleagues-about-transquotation-is-target-of-false-scam-alert/

Jared

Elva Zhu
Elva Zhu
China
Local time: 05:12
Chinees naar Engels
+ ...
Hope transquotation.com guys will get their punishment May 9, 2011

They have already constituted a crime, but their site is still in operation and the operators of that site is trying to revenge. Just look at their site!

Really hope they can get their punishment!

Pagina's in het onderwerp:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Posted job exclusively on Proz.com but it appeared on TransQuotation.com

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »