Not getting KudoZ or Job notification emails
Iniziatore argomento: Sonia Rowland
Sonia Rowland
Sonia Rowland
Local time: 16:40
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
Jul 14, 2001

Since yesterday (13 July) I no longer receive any e-mails from ProZ - neither KudoZ questions nor job postings, even though there are some that match my languages. I checked my profile and I\'m still registered to receive them.

Can you explain?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 10:40
Fondatore del sito
Jul 18, 2001

We have not had a problem lately, so it may be that you have noticed questions or jobs which were in your language pairs, but not necessarily in your areas of expertise. In the case of KudoZ questions, level is also taken into consideration: if you have not indicated that you want \"easy\" questions, for example, those won\'t be mailed to you.

In the case of jobs, there are many more factors that are considered, including your country, the software you report owning, whether
... See more
We have not had a problem lately, so it may be that you have noticed questions or jobs which were in your language pairs, but not necessarily in your areas of expertise. In the case of KudoZ questions, level is also taken into consideration: if you have not indicated that you want \"easy\" questions, for example, those won\'t be mailed to you.

In the case of jobs, there are many more factors that are considered, including your country, the software you report owning, whether or not you are acredited, etc.

In other words, just because a job or question is in your pairs, you will not necessarily receive email notification of it.

To ensure that you get the most useful job and question notification, make sure that all of your profile information is up to date.
Collapse

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
Jul 18, 2001

If you want to play it safe, just check the homepage of ProZ. There you will see all recent jobs that have been posted - just in case, you have not been notified by e-mail, but would still like to bid on one of these jobs.

As for keeping one\'s profile updated, well, that is also up to ProZ. I have been waiting for probably close to 5-6 weeks now to have my accreditations \"confirmed\" in my profile. I was told it would be done \"shortly\", but so far nothing has happened. S
... See more
If you want to play it safe, just check the homepage of ProZ. There you will see all recent jobs that have been posted - just in case, you have not been notified by e-mail, but would still like to bid on one of these jobs.

As for keeping one\'s profile updated, well, that is also up to ProZ. I have been waiting for probably close to 5-6 weeks now to have my accreditations \"confirmed\" in my profile. I was told it would be done \"shortly\", but so far nothing has happened. So, if an outsourcer specifies \"accreditation confirmed\", I will not be notified of that particular job even though I am accredited!!!

And I have actually faxed copies of my certificates to the ProZ office. So, what else are we to do as ProZ members??????? I have done my share of keeping my profile updated; the rest is up to ProZ.

As a matter of fact, it seems that the confirmation of credentials may be withheld on purpose - to strengthen the position of certain other ProZ members that may be completely and utterly unqualified (no degree in translation, no accreditation, etc.). More and more, it feels like that those that have all their credentials in place are getting a raw deal through this site..... I smell a rat and a \"plot\"........

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-07-20 19:42 ]
Collapse

Raghad
Raghad
Local time: 17:40
Da Inglese a Arabo
+ ...
Aug 15, 2001

I have been facing the same problem for about fifteen days now, but I put the blame on my email account or something of the sort. Now I think it is not (an email matter), though I can\'t figure out what is wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not getting KudoZ or Job notification emails

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »