论题张贴者: Patricia Will
Patricia Will
Patricia Will  Identity Verified
澳大利亚
Local time: 22:46
正式会员 (自2004)
German德语译成English英语
Aug 22, 2009

Dear colleagues, I would like to invite you to take part in a special networking and PD event hosted by AUSIT WA to celebrate international translation day. This is a free event and open to all translators and interpreters. Please contact me if you have any queries. Look foward to seeing you there!

Saturday 26 September
AUSIT OPEN DAY, Perth, Western Australia
Let's celebrate International Translation Day!

The event is designed to facilitate an environme
... See more
Dear colleagues, I would like to invite you to take part in a special networking and PD event hosted by AUSIT WA to celebrate international translation day. This is a free event and open to all translators and interpreters. Please contact me if you have any queries. Look foward to seeing you there!

Saturday 26 September
AUSIT OPEN DAY, Perth, Western Australia
Let's celebrate International Translation Day!

The event is designed to facilitate an environment for practitioners to network, share and acquire knowledge from peers on how to become a better and more successful interpreter/translator. Attendance is free.
This is an opportunity for interpreters & translators to meet some of AUSIT’s National Council and local branch members to find out more about the organisation and the benefits of membership. It’s a great networking and PD opportunity.
Attending the AUSIT OPEN DAY will also give you 30 PD points for revalidation purposes.
(Logbook 2.1 page 2 and 4.2 page 7)

PROGRAM
• ABOUT AUSIT
• WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A SUCCESSFUL TRANSLATOR
Presenter: Sam Berner (AUSIT QLD) - National PD Committee Team Leader.
WA practitioners will have a chance to hear from AUSIT's "translation guru" Sam Berner, who will pass on tips on becoming a successful translator in the Australian & global market.
• THE BUSINESS OF TRANSLATION
Presenters: Sarina Phan (National President ), Eva Hussain (National Vice President).
Boost your earning capacity by picking up ideas from your successful peers, who are not afraid of sharing their secrets.
• LUNCH
• PANEL DISCUSSION: ETHICS & ME
Presenters - Sarina Phan (National President ), Eva Hussain (National Vice President), Sam Berner (National PD Committee Team Leader) and Ella Davies ( Principal Delegate WA) - will present real life examples of the ethical dilemmas they have encountered as an interpreter/translator. Practitioners will be invited to share their views and participate in the discussions.
• ABOUT THE AUSIT EXCELLENCE AWARDS
• COFFEE

When: Saturday, September 26th, 10 am – 3 pm
Where: Tresillian Community Centre, 21 Tyrell Street, Nedlands.
Street parking (free). Public transport nearby along Stirling Highway Nedlands (Bus 72, 98/99, 102, 106 )
All interpreters, translators and students of T&I welcome
This is a free event, but registration is essential as places are limited.

To RSVP please e-mail Trish Will on [email protected] or phone her on (08) 9403 5809 by 22 September.

For more information about AUSIT go to: www.ausit.org

[Edited at 2009-08-22 13:19 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International Translation Day event in Perth, Western Australia

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »