Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Alemania
Local time: 10:47
alemán al español
+ ...
In Memoriam
Dec 7, 2005

Hello!
I don't know if this suggestion has been ever made or is just new.
However, I want to make it (perhaps once more?)
Sometimes I get the chance to add a term to a glossary. (In fact, not soooooo mny times, yet, but, well...)
The problem is at the other way: If I search for a translation, let's say from German to Spanish, my pairs) I have to state a field. What happens if the translation I am looking for can be in several fields right?
My suggestion: Put all wo
... See more
Hello!
I don't know if this suggestion has been ever made or is just new.
However, I want to make it (perhaps once more?)
Sometimes I get the chance to add a term to a glossary. (In fact, not soooooo mny times, yet, but, well...)
The problem is at the other way: If I search for a translation, let's say from German to Spanish, my pairs) I have to state a field. What happens if the translation I am looking for can be in several fields right?
My suggestion: Put all word of a pair (in one direction) into ONE LONELY Glossary. If the word isn't there, it isn't anywhere in ProZ.
That way is, for me, very time saving and better.
Don't you think so?
Could it be done that way?
Thank you very much!
Helena q962
Collapse

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxemburgo
inglés al rumano
+ ...
Suggestion already in place Dec 7, 2005

Dear Helena,

This is already possible by using the relatively new Proz.com Term Search function, which can search through KOG (KudoZ Open Glossary), KudoZ archive, Member personal glossaries and Glosspost (database of online glossaries) with one single click. If you keep the default setting - Any - for the field, you should get the results from all the fields.

[Edited at 2005-12-07 18:24]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossaries

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »