WiFi internet suppliers in Barcelona
Thread poster: MargaBBB
MargaBBB
MargaBBB
Local time: 00:02
Catalan to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2011

Hi, I'm with TELE2 (bought by but not integrated into Vodafone) with cable ADSL and want to go for WiFi. I'm told that I'd have to pay more than currently to get a Vodafone deal, with no initial offers and no concessions on permancy, and that Jazztel gives better coverage and free customer care line, also good introductory deal and no permanancy commitment.

What is other people's experience?

Frances Leggett
Frances Leggett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:02
Italian to English
+ ...
Orange or Jazztel Aug 13, 2011

I have Orange WiFi in Barcelona and it works very well for me. At the beginning, I had problems with streaming (watching videos, YouTube, Megavideo etc), so I wanted to pull out of the contract (Orange has a 12 month permanency contract) so they fixed it for me and gave me a 40% discount for 1 year for the trouble. I found the customer service good.
Without the discount it would cost me €26.00 per month including phone line of €14 .
My neighbour has Jazztel and finds the Intern
... See more
I have Orange WiFi in Barcelona and it works very well for me. At the beginning, I had problems with streaming (watching videos, YouTube, Megavideo etc), so I wanted to pull out of the contract (Orange has a 12 month permanency contract) so they fixed it for me and gave me a 40% discount for 1 year for the trouble. I found the customer service good.
Without the discount it would cost me €26.00 per month including phone line of €14 .
My neighbour has Jazztel and finds the Internet connection and customer service very good. As far as I know the price is more or less the same with Jazztel. Orange and Jazztel both have offers for the first 6 or 12 months of the contract.
Hope that helps.
Collapse

MargaBBB
MargaBBB
Local time: 00:02
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New phone number? Aug 16, 2011

Hi, Frances, thanks a lot! What has put me off Orange is that they say I have to change my phone number to change from my current supplier - did you have to do that? No other company has said I have to change numbers, so I find it strange that Orange should do so.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WiFi internet suppliers in Barcelona

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »