Thread poster: JEAN-PAUL ROY (X)
JEAN-PAUL ROY (X)
JEAN-PAUL ROY (X)
Local time: 21:47
English to French
+ ...
Mar 8, 2012

Good morning everyone,

I live and work in the UK. I know I could go to the Carphone Warehouse and ask but one of you might already have investigated the matter.

I am looking for the CHEAPEST (smart)phone solution (contract or paye as you go) that would allow me to do the following:

- receive all emails sent to my AOL email account in REAL-TIME (i.e. without having to check every 5 minutes whether an email has arrived or not).

- open and read ea
... See more
Good morning everyone,

I live and work in the UK. I know I could go to the Carphone Warehouse and ask but one of you might already have investigated the matter.

I am looking for the CHEAPEST (smart)phone solution (contract or paye as you go) that would allow me to do the following:

- receive all emails sent to my AOL email account in REAL-TIME (i.e. without having to check every 5 minutes whether an email has arrived or not).

- open and read each email attachment (usually a Word, Excel, PPT or PDF document).

I found various contracts on the web but if I have to commit for 24 months, I want to be 100% sure that this is the best solution for me. The cheapest contract (free Blackberry Curve with T-mobile) would cost GBP11/month for 100MB of data, which would be more than enough datawise . The website doesn't give any detail about compatibility with AOL and INSTANT email though, and there might be better deals.

Thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BEST SMARTPHONE FOR AOL EMAIL AND ATTACHMENT

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »