Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
These new agency portals (= online translation management systems)
Thread poster: NancyLynn
wotswot
wotswot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:51
Member (2011)
French to English
@Simon Dec 4, 2012

Great ideas!

What I'm currently working on is the delivery side. TPBox doesn't appear to want one to deliver (upload) translations via their portal, the assumption being that good old e-mail is thankfully still the preferred method.

So I'm taking it one step further, to "boucler la boucle" as our French friends would say, to waste their time (on delivery) as much as they're wasting mine (when ordering).

I'll simply e-mail them a link to download my transla
... See more
Great ideas!

What I'm currently working on is the delivery side. TPBox doesn't appear to want one to deliver (upload) translations via their portal, the assumption being that good old e-mail is thankfully still the preferred method.

So I'm taking it one step further, to "boucler la boucle" as our French friends would say, to waste their time (on delivery) as much as they're wasting mine (when ordering).

I'll simply e-mail them a link to download my translation from my "portal", which is simply a web page I generate for each relevant delivery and upload to my site. One feature I'm considering for this page is an "I accept" tick, which they have to click, whereupon they are directed to my "General terms of sale" page, which they also have to accept before they can finally download my translation. I like your idea "important information in a box surrounded by other boxes containing randomly filled text characters"; this is where I could "hide" the download link.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

These new agency portals (= online translation management systems)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »