Windows 2007: 2 even-numbered pages in a row
Thread poster: heikeb
heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 2, 2011

I am currently updating a couple of manuals that have originally been converted from PDF.

Sometimes, the automatic numbering in the footers is fine. More often than not, I have to create it. No problem. However, several times I have come across the situation that Word insists that there are two even-numbered pages in a row.

If I separate the section from the previous one, I should (theoretically) be able to add any starting page number for this section. However, whatev
... See more
I am currently updating a couple of manuals that have originally been converted from PDF.

Sometimes, the automatic numbering in the footers is fine. More often than not, I have to create it. No problem. However, several times I have come across the situation that Word insists that there are two even-numbered pages in a row.

If I separate the section from the previous one, I should (theoretically) be able to add any starting page number for this section. However, whatever starting number I enter, Word always adjusts it to an even number.

The page before is C-28. I can have the next page be C-30 or C-124 or whatever even number, but not C-29 or C-123.

Does anyone have any ideas how to handle this issue? What causes it?

Thanks!
Heike
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:42
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Section breaks Dec 2, 2011

It is most probably caused by the type of the section break - here it is set as "Even page section break". Just insert a normal section break just before and remove the even page break.

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Dec 2, 2011

It wasn't the type of section break, just a missing break of any sort to really separate it from the last section break, which indeed was an even page break. I just never looked that far up.

Thanks!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 2007: 2 even-numbered pages in a row

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »