Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen
Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:40
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just checked... Nov 4, 2012

That's the slightly less user friendly side of this handy little utility!
If I recall correctly, the Red paw is to both extract and send back text from/to PPT, while the Blue paw does it for .DOC files. This dual action of the button assumes a standard, simple workflow, i.e. extract text > process > re-insert text into the same file.

I just checked, Red is for PPT, Blue is for Word, to extract from textboxes, very handy as well.

So it does require you to be quite methodical (sadly, something I'm not!)

For me the problem is more the memory than the method... if I don't (need to) use a certain little program, I forget about it...

Clearly, for this in/out process to work, you must have ONLY the relevant doc, ppt, etc. open and no others (otherwise the poor thing will get confused!)

Well, that's a little normal, same thing goes for my spellchecker and other programs... like Word and Wordfast Classic!!
If you're in a translation session and want to close another Word document, it says to close the session first, and you're not even working on it...

Meanwhile, we're diverging from the original subject

Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen
Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:40
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hum hum Nov 4, 2012

Rolf Keller wrote:

Actually, my PC ist specially configured for this, because - generally - reading documents happens more often than editing them. So, when I click a doc(x), the viewer opens instead of Word.

Maybe that goes for you, but I specified that it was for checking my translation with the original...

So it must have been an alien who completed your question with "I'd like to compare translation and source to see if anything's missing..."

My simple question is in the subject itself.... "How to open 2 windows of PowerPoint"

Then we can have a discussion about checking, editing, Werecat and whatever but the point is still : "How to open 2 windows of PowerPoint"

Have you ever checked a translation you have just done against its source file? Especially a PPT? What do you do, just admire them? Ofcourse it was for editing the translation, reducing the font size to make all text fit the slide, spotting errors etc. Even taking an image to reduce it and fit it in.

Next time I swear, I'll tell you EVERYTHING

Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:40
English to Arabic
+ ...
as far as i know you can't Nov 4, 2012

you can have two ppt open at the same time in the same window using the cascade function but you cannot open two editions of powerpoint.
I got around this myself by using open office and powerpoint

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open 2 windows of PowerPoint

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »