Elisa Farina
Elisa Farina  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:17
German to Italian
+ ...
Jun 12, 2013

Good morning dear colleagues,

I’m facing a little problem with Microsoft Word and I was wondering if you could help me find a solution to it.
I use Microsoft Word 2007, Italian version. The Grammar and Spelling Check function works fine for standard text, but not for text written in capital letters. Just to give an example: Word would recognize the mistake in “langage”, but not in “LANGAGE”. Is this normal? Is there a way to change the settings so that words in capit
... See more
Good morning dear colleagues,

I’m facing a little problem with Microsoft Word and I was wondering if you could help me find a solution to it.
I use Microsoft Word 2007, Italian version. The Grammar and Spelling Check function works fine for standard text, but not for text written in capital letters. Just to give an example: Word would recognize the mistake in “langage”, but not in “LANGAGE”. Is this normal? Is there a way to change the settings so that words in capital letters are checked as well?

I thank you in advance for your comments and help.

Elisa
Collapse

Terry Richards
Terry Richards
France
French to English
+ ...
There's a setting for that Jun 12, 2013

In the grammer and spelling options dialogue, there's a check-box for "Ignore words in upper case". It's there to prevent getting a load of false positives on acronyms.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Yes Jun 12, 2013

Go to word options menu, then "vérification" (3rd option in the menu) and uncheck "ignore capitalized words"

Elisa Farina
Spain
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Thank you! Jun 12, 2013

Dear Lori,

your suggestion was great. Settings changed and problem solved. Nice and easy. Thank you very much!

Elisa

Elisa Farina
Spain
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 12, 2013

Dea Terry,

I don't know why, but your post has showed up only now. Thanks to you too for your very useful piece of advice.

Elisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word 2007 - Spelling Check doesn't seem to work as it should

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »