ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Social events
Thread poster: Sales Admin
Sales Admin
Sales Admin

Local time: 11:12
English
Apr 10, 2012

Dear all,

The Social events tab has been updated on the Conference page. Included now are details on the Gala dinner.

Additional information about pre & post event Powwows will be posted soon.

Regards,

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:12
Italian to English
Links Apr 11, 2012

Could these forums possibly have links on the Conference home page I wonder Leslie. I think that has been done in the past.
I had a job finding them again.
Many thanks.

Sales Admin
Sales Admin

English
TOPIC STARTER
Forums now linked to conference page Apr 11, 2012

Hi Russell -

Sorry for the delay, the forum is now linked to the conference page.

Regards,

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

Axelle Arbonnier
Axelle Arbonnier  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 17:12
German to French
+ ...
Hi Leslie May 3, 2012

Will there be a pre- and/or post-conference powwow?

Best regards,
Axelle

Patricia de Gispert
Patricia de Gispert  Identity Verified
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Powwows May 3, 2012

Dear Axelle,

There will definitely be a pre conference powwow on Friday afternoon-night. I am just looking at the possibilities in order to propose something fun.

Sunday there will be something as well, after the conferences.

I hope I can post all the information next week.

Regards,

Patricia de Gispert
Barcelona Conference organiser

Anna Aleshkina
Anna Aleshkina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:12
Russian to English
+ ...
Gala Dinner May 6, 2012

Dear Leslie,

My friend want to go to the Gala Dinner together with me. How can I purchase attendance fee? What is the price for Gala Dinner to her (she is not a Proz.com member)?

Patricia de Gispert
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Powwow on Friday June 8th: Wine Tasting? May 6, 2012

I think that a nice way of discovering a country's culture is to taste and understand its wines and its food. That's why I'd like to propose a wine tasting as the Friday evening powwow (http://www.proz.com/powwow/4258).

The tasting would last for an hour and a half and it would include a cava (Catalan champagne), two red wines and two withe wines. Also, there would be some tapas for dinner.
... See more
I think that a nice way of discovering a country's culture is to taste and understand its wines and its food. That's why I'd like to propose a wine tasting as the Friday evening powwow (http://www.proz.com/powwow/4258).

The tasting would last for an hour and a half and it would include a cava (Catalan champagne), two red wines and two withe wines. Also, there would be some tapas for dinner. The price is 25€ per person.

We need a group of minimum 20 people in order to open a group, so I would like to know if anyone is interested so that I ca book.

Therefore, if you are interested, please contact me at [email protected] as soon as possible and let me know.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2012-05-06 20:08 GMT]
Collapse

Patricia de Gispert
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Pre-Conference Powwow on Friday June 8th May 9, 2012

Hello all,

The wine tasting has been cancelled because the capacity was very limited.

Let’s all get together and have a good time before the conference!

I am going to find a place where we can all meet and have dinner and drinks at a reasonable price. If you are interested, please sign in at the powwow page and confirm your attendance before the end of May so that I can have a definite number as soon as possible.

I will provide details of t
... See more
Hello all,

The wine tasting has been cancelled because the capacity was very limited.

Let’s all get together and have a good time before the conference!

I am going to find a place where we can all meet and have dinner and drinks at a reasonable price. If you are interested, please sign in at the powwow page and confirm your attendance before the end of May so that I can have a definite number as soon as possible.

I will provide details of the time and place to meet at the powwow page http://www.proz.com/powwow/4258 some days before the conference.

Thank you and see you very soon!

[Edited at 2012-05-09 12:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-09 18:57 GMT]
Collapse

Patricia de Gispert
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Post-Conference Powwow on Sunday June 10th May 9, 2012

Are you staying in Barcelona until Monday? Let's meet and have dinner and drinks to celebrate this great event!

I will provide details at the beginning of June. Please sign in at the powwow page http://www.proz.com/powwow/4264 and confirm your attendance before the end of May.

[Edited at 2012-05-09 18:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2012
... See more
Are you staying in Barcelona until Monday? Let's meet and have dinner and drinks to celebrate this great event!

I will provide details at the beginning of June. Please sign in at the powwow page http://www.proz.com/powwow/4264 and confirm your attendance before the end of May.

[Edited at 2012-05-09 18:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-09 18:58 GMT]
Collapse

Esther Hermann
Esther Hermann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
Indonesian to German
+ ...
Gala Dinner for non-members May 10, 2012

Hi Leslie,
I would like to buy a ticket for the gala dinner for a non-member, but I cannot click on it. Does it mean it is now only open for members?
Best regards,
Esther

Ellen Singer
Ellen Singer  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Monday 11 June - lunch? May 12, 2012

Dear Proz.com members,

From experience I assume many conference attendees will be leaving on Monday, but not all in the morning. Maybe a lunch on Monday would be a good idea as dinner in Spain is late and only an option for people staying until Tuesday or later.

An option would be Taverna La Llesca at Travessera de Gràcia, 86:
http://www.graciadivina.com/llesca
... See more
Dear Proz.com members,

From experience I assume many conference attendees will be leaving on Monday, but not all in the morning. Maybe a lunch on Monday would be a good idea as dinner in Spain is late and only an option for people staying until Tuesday or later.

It opens at 13:30 so I suggest meeting at that time.

We should book with plenty of time so please comment if you are interested and if so we can post it as a powwow or so.

Hoping to read your opinions!

Ellen (Singer)
(not attending the conference but I will be there at the time of the conference)
Collapse

Paula Ribeiro
Paula Ribeiro  Identity Verified
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Lunch on Monday:)) May 12, 2012

Hi Ellen,

As I am only leaving late on Monday I will be glad to attend this lunch and meet you there:)
See you

Martin Bruckmann
Martin Bruckmann  Identity Verified
Portugal
Portuguese to French
+ ...
Ticket for Gala Dinner for (future ex) non-members :-) May 26, 2012

Hi Anna and Esther,

julianti wrote:
I would like to buy a ticket for the gala dinner for a non-member, but I cannot click on it. Does it mean it is now only open for members?
Best regards,
Esther

Anna Aleshkina wrote:
My friend want to go to the Gala Dinner together with me. How can I purchase attendance fee? What is the price for Gala Dinner to her (she is not a Proz.com member)?

I suppose that Gala Dinner is also open to non-Conference-attendees, right ?
And if so...
If nothing else works, why not register them as ProZ members to then be able to get a ticket for the Gala Dinner ?

Take care,

Martin

Martin Bruckmann
Martin Bruckmann  Identity Verified
Portugal
Portuguese to French
+ ...
And on Monday ? May 26, 2012

Dear Ellen,

Nice to meet you again

Ellen Singer wrote:

It opens at 13:30 so I suggest meeting at that time.

We should book with plenty of time so please comment if you are interested and if so we can post it as a powwow or so.

Hoping to read your opinions!

Ellen (Singer)
(not attending the conference but I will be there at the time of the conference)

With all this extremely precise data in hand, why not launch a new Powwow right now with them ? It sure will make things a lot easier for people to show their interest in your suggestion.

Looking forward to meet you soon again, on this or another of the powwows (since you won't be at the Conference).

Take care,

Martin

Sales Admin
Sales Admin

English
TOPIC STARTER
Link to purchase Gala Dinner ticket for a guest. May 27, 2012

Martin Bruckmann wrote:

Hi Anna and Esther,

julianti wrote:
Best regards,
Esther

Anna Aleshkina wrote:

I suppose that Gala Dinner is also open to non-Conference-attendees, right ?
And if so...
If nothing else works, why not register them as ProZ members to then be able to get a ticket for the Gala Dinner ?

Take care,

Martin

Thanks so much for attending and supporting ProZ.com events. You can purchase an additional Gala Dinner ticket for your guest using the following link: http://www.proz.com/store/11594

If you have any other questions, please email [email protected]

Regards,

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Social events

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »