Страниц в теме:   [1 2 3] >
"Contact info hidden" on job postings - am I the only one concerned here?
Автор темы: Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
США
Local time: 19:35
Член ProZ.com c 2007
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Mar 27, 2008

I have to admit that if this option was previously available, I either totally missed it or nobody was using it. Is it me, or is this option more than just slightly scary in an area that, IMO, is in dire need of transparency (too...many....knowledge management...translations)?

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
Франция
Local time: 04:35
французский => английский
You missed the announcement Mar 27, 2008

Henry D. announced this change about a week ago

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
США
Член ProZ.com c 2007
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
Ah... Mar 27, 2008

That would mean that I totally missed it. Time to check the forum archives...

Assia Terpecheva
Assia Terpecheva  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2007
английский => болгарский
+ ...
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
It is not just you!!!! Mar 27, 2008

Marcelo Silveyra wrote:

I have to admit that if this option was previously available, I either totally missed it or nobody was using it. Is it me, or is this option more than just slightly scary in an area that, IMO, is in dire need of transparency (too...many....knowledge management...translations)?

Announced or not, I think we should see the contact details...

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
США
Член ProZ.com c 2007
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
Never mind Mar 27, 2008

I just read Henry's post and it makes perfects sense. If you don't meet the requirements for quoting on a job, you don't get to see the contact info. No objections here.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Германия
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Henry's announcement Mar 27, 2008

...is here:
www.proz.com/topic/99952

Assia Terpecheva
Assia Terpecheva  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2007
английский => болгарский
+ ...
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
Suggestion Mar 27, 2008

What about "quick poll" regarding this issue or any other important changes?
Just an idea.

Michael Deliso
Michael Deliso  Identity Verified
итальянский => английский
+ ...
"Contact info hidden" on job postings - am I the only one concerned here? Mar 27, 2008

I second the motion by Assia,
While it is a good idea in itself it also prevents (at least the paying members) to have a contact mail for the outsourcer for future marketing approaches or to submit candidacy for future jobs.
What's the difference between hidden info for non-paying members and paying members when the non paying members can at least see the name and contact info of the outsourcer for future references after 12 or 24 hours!! Just my view... It’s juts a bit one sided.
... See more
While it is a good idea in itself it also prevents (at least the paying members) to have a contact mail for the outsourcer for future marketing approaches or to submit candidacy for future jobs.
What's the difference between hidden info for non-paying members and paying members when the non paying members can at least see the name and contact info of the outsourcer for future references after 12 or 24 hours!! Just my view... It’s juts a bit one sided...is this or not a community?
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
английский => немецкий
+ ...
That is a true shot in the eye... Mar 27, 2008

Michael Deliso wrote:

What's the difference between hidden info for non-paying members and paying members when the non paying members can at least see the name and contact info of the outsourcer for future references after 12 or 24 hours!! Just my view... It’s juts a bit one sided...is this or not a community?
I do not appreciate this hidden business. This due to a million reasons. It is a freelancer site and one should have the freedom to contact a potential outsourcer, may be not immediately but at a future date there may be a project for me, but this hidden and pre-filtering technique implemented does make me feel like a pegion and I do not relly feel so free like a free lancer, instead like a caged bird, with all those muscled moderators perpetually controlling me and my postings, this is added fuel to damage a good going scene. Brandis

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Канада
Local time: 22:35
английский => французский
+ ...
One less business tool for freelancers to use Mar 27, 2008

Michael Deliso wrote:

also prevents (at least the paying members) to have a contact mail for the outsourcer for future marketing approaches or to submit candidacy for future jobs.

[/quote]

That is what my preoccupation was when I saw the announcement. I don't think ProZ is not aware that site users also use the data in job postings to prospect, not just to apply for jobs. I have tried to use the directory to build a list of potential clients - it was a total failure. For one thing, the directory is not searchable. For example, I cannot display agencies/outsourcers in the country of my choice by BB rating. So, because I could not search the directory, I found another approach - I watch jobs being posted, and when I see a job that looks like it comes from a potentiel client I would be happy to work with, but the job in itself is not for me (not my language pair or specialization, etc.), I look at their past posted jobs to see if they ever post jobs that correspond to the services I offer. If they do, I check the rates they display in their postings to see if it more or less matches what I would charge for that type of work. If it does, then I bookmark their profile to add them to my prospecting list. With these new changes to job postings, I can't do this anymore either. So, ProZ is not giving me any opportunity at all to meet new clients, whereas that is what this place is supposedly all about. I might as well not renew my membership and become a basic, free user to only participate in the forum, because this site is losing my interest pretty fast. I don't want to sound rude, but this is the case.

Bottom line: the BB is not doing its job because it is becoming disturbingly unreliable (and maintained in a questionable manner, if we think of all the non-payers who have not been banned from the site), KudoZ has been very unreliable for a long time now, and there is no way to prospect anymore either. All that is left is the forum - and even at that, many people are not allowed to say what they really think (edit: one of my posts just mysteriously disappeared not long after I posted this). I don't visit this site to just chat up some people, you know? This is business for me, and ProZ is starting to not offer me anything businesswise...

Can the directory at least be made searchable? Can somebody please do something about this? I am really starting to lose interest here...

[Edited at 2008-03-27 19:29]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
английский => немецкий
+ ...
my posting has been just now removed.. Mar 27, 2008

without reasoning. Here it is
http://www.proz.com/topic/100739. I have taken a screen shot of the same. I does not make me happy at all that my postings are perpetually moved or removed and I do not visit this site due to ignorance or fun, but some part of it must be I still prognosticize that this site or we are all getting somewhat stiff. Brandis

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Аргентина
Local time: 23:35
Член ProZ.com c 2006
английский => испанский
There was a sound reason Mar 27, 2008

Brandis wrote:

my posting has been just now removed without reasoning. Here it is
http://www.proz.com/topic/100739. I have taken a screen shot of the same. I does not make me happy at all that my postings are perpetually moved or removed and I do not visit this site due to ignorance or fun, but some part of it must be I still prognosticize that this site or we are all getting somewhat stiff. Brandis

Dear Brandis,

Your post was removed by a site moderator because it was not in line with site rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/8#8

Regards,
Enrique

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
английский => немецкий
+ ...
well well. Mar 27, 2008

Enrique wrote:

Brandis wrote:

my posting has been just now removed without reasoning. Here it is

Dear Brandis,

Your post was removed by a site moderator because it was not in line with site rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/8#8

Regards,
Enrique
It has very well to do with any freelance ship that has been agreed upon paid membership. That you people constantly putup new rules is none of my business, I have not done anything criminal act, lest you may push me to support. which rules were they. The agreement I had was to have access and transperancy to all kinds of information this site can provide to a paid member and nothing in between bracketed and filtered stuff. That agreement it was not. There was never a claus that specifies any changes that may indulge and or deviate my personal intersts in this site may be also included in the paid membership. Brandis

[Edited at 2008-03-27 20:10]

[Edited at 2008-03-27 20:23]

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Аргентина
Local time: 23:35
Член ProZ.com c 2006
английский => испанский
This is not a new rule Mar 27, 2008

Brandis wrote:
Enrique wrote:

It has very well to do with any freelance ship that has been agreed upon paid membership. That you people constantly putup new rules is none of my business, I have not done anything criminal act, lest you may push me to support. which rules were they.

Rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/8#8 was announced in its current form in May 2006.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
английский => немецкий
+ ...
either way I had purchased this membership. Mar 27, 2008

Enrique wrote:

Brandis wrote:
Enrique wrote:

It has very well to do with any freelance ship that has been agreed upon paid membership. That you people constantly putup new rules is none of my business, I have not done anything criminal act, lest you may push me to support. which rules were they.

Rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/8#8 was announced in its current form in May 2006.
believing that screen that tells how much freedom a paid member has, Till today it does not say anything about limitations or any sort. I took my membership only under this condition in 2003 and it had continued till you changed the rules here and there a little bit and I feel crowded. What are you going to do about it? Brandis

Страниц в теме:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Contact info hidden" on job postings - am I the only one concerned here?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »