Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]
Can this annoying new feature be turned off? (auto-editing of site name in forums)
Autor wątku: Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 16:33
Członek ProZ.com
od 2004

hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Much appreciated! Jun 11, 2009

Henry D wrote:
By the way, I would say that feature has been in existence for about 6 years.

Imagine!

Thanks.

Aniello Scognamiglio (X)
Aniello Scognamiglio (X)  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 22:33
angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
ProZ logo Jun 11, 2009

Henry D wrote:

By the way, I would say that feature has been in existence for about 6 years.

Hi Henry,

by the way, there is a new (?) feature (see left upper corner of the screen) regarding the ProZ logo: it now says PRO Z.com", i.e. ".com" was added to PRO Z. In my humble opinion, it looks better without ".com".

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > afrikaans
+ ...
Answer to Tony Jun 11, 2009

TonyTK wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
Sergei Leshchinsky wrote:
As you say, it is done for consistency. ... Consistency in good for searching.

The spacing you use [for emphasis] is a rudimentary tradition that originates from typewriters that had only one typeface and no ways to emphasize the text but by spacing it out or underlining. It is bad manners in the e-world.

Perhaps he has done it not for emphasis but to prevent searching?

That almost sounds logical. But why would I post a message in what is essentially a public forum and then try and stop people from finding it?

Steve's point is that "Pro_Z" (without the underscore) will be changed to "ProZ.com" automatically, or quite soon by a staff member who were alerted to it, so if he doesn't want it to be changed in the forum post, he would have to mask it (as I have done). Well, that's the way I understood it. Does that make sense?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > afrikaans
+ ...
Concerning the logo Jun 11, 2009

Aniello Scognamiglio wrote:
by the way, there is a new (?) feature (see left upper corner of the screen) regarding the ProZ logo: it now says PRO Z.com", i.e. ".com" was added to PRO Z. In my humble opinion, it looks better without ".com".

I think it doesn't make a difference to ProZ.com "rifle association" logo. What has always bugged me were those crosshairs. I realise ProZ.com is targeting people, but I wonder if the designer of the logo thought hard about possible associations.

Andreas Nieckele
Andreas Nieckele  Identity Verified
Brazylia
Local time: 17:33
angielski > portugalski
What the... Jun 11, 2009

Ok, I completely fail to see what difference does this make for anyone, ever. Why do you absolutely NEED to have it written differently? So what if it automatically changes to the "correct" form? Does it alter the meaning of what you wrote or what?

I really would like to understand why is this a nuisance.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraina
Local time: 23:33
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
No nuisance at all... Jun 11, 2009

I think... a man is thinking he is looking like being thought of making a nuisance and feels uncomfortable about somebody's possible noticing of his thinking he's doing it...

... paranoia...

Don't get me serious. It is not the point to argue about at all, of course... typing is like a pace... you will always be recognized...

Cheers!

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can this annoying new feature be turned off? (auto-editing of site name in forums)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »