CV labels in profile should include file type (Staff: implemented)
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:37
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 8, 2009

G'day everyone

Currently, the link on one's profile page to a CV or résumé consists of the language of the file only. If a translator had uploaded more than one file, but both in English, the profile text looks like this:

CV/Resume: English, English

This is what it looks like on my profile page, and it looks as if I have two résumés. But I don't -- what I have is the same résumé in two formats. I think the label for the CV should include not only
... See more
G'day everyone

Currently, the link on one's profile page to a CV or résumé consists of the language of the file only. If a translator had uploaded more than one file, but both in English, the profile text looks like this:

CV/Resume: English, English

This is what it looks like on my profile page, and it looks as if I have two résumés. But I don't -- what I have is the same résumé in two formats. I think the label for the CV should include not only the language but also the file type, like this:

CV/Resume: English (DOC), English (PDF)

Also, not all web users are aware that you can hover your mouse over a link to see the type of file that will be downloaded.

What do you think?

Samuel

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-10-08 18:18 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Great idea! Oct 8, 2009

Hello Samuel,

I think it is a great idea to have the file type displayed together with the language in which a CV/Resume has been uploaded.

Let me see what can be done.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
CV/Resume file type information is now displayed Oct 8, 2009

Hi Samuel,

I just want to inform you that the file type for CVs in profiles is now shown in parenthesis next to the language in which the CV is written and it is part of the link to each CV.

Take a look at the 'CV/Resume' section of your profile and let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Lucia

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:37
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It looks nice, thanks Oct 8, 2009

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
Take a look at the 'CV/Resume' section of your profile and let me know if this works for you.

It looks nice, thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CV labels in profile should include file type (Staff: implemented)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »