Seperate e-mail address for notifications
Téma indítója: Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 02:20
francia - angol
+ ...
Dec 1, 2006

Like many other translators, I have a seperate e-mail address for my distribution lists. It would be nice if I could get Proz to send me kudoz notifications to this address without changing my main contact address.

If not I will use a workaround method: change my address to my lists address, and add an e-mail forwarding to my main address for messages sent to me.

Andrea Kowalenko
Andrea Kowalenko  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Tag (2006 óta)
spanyol - német
+ ...
Fully agree with Timothy Dec 1, 2006

I think it would be really useful to be able to separate notifications from other messages. Right now, I have switched off the Kudoz notifications, as the clutter my general inbox too much.

Obviously it is possible to install filters in an email program, but I would find it easier to have separate email adresses for separate types of notification.

I do have a separate email adress for mailing lists not concerning work (as mentioned by Timothy). ProZ notifications are ha
... See more
I think it would be really useful to be able to separate notifications from other messages. Right now, I have switched off the Kudoz notifications, as the clutter my general inbox too much.

Obviously it is possible to install filters in an email program, but I would find it easier to have separate email adresses for separate types of notification.

I do have a separate email adress for mailing lists not concerning work (as mentioned by Timothy). ProZ notifications are half work, half not. As Timothy, I would like to have them in a separate email adress. It even would be nice it there could be a possibility to enter a separate email adress for every type of notification (forums, KudoZ, Jobs, etc.), if that is not too much hassle. If somebody does not enter any alternative email adresses, they should receive all their notifications in their principal email adress automatically.

Regards,
Andrea
Collapse

Lubain Masum
Lubain Masum  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 20:20
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - bengáli
+ ...
Fully agree with Timothy and Andrea Dec 1, 2006

Fully agree with Timothy and Andrea.

margarete
margarete  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 20:20
német - angol
+ ...
I have been meaning to suggest this for ages Dec 7, 2006

Yes, a separate address (or addresses) for notifications would be a huge improvement!!

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Németország
Tag (2006 óta)
holland - német
+ ...
This would be a great help! Oct 30, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I'm bringing this (quite old) topic back, because this is something that I would really appreciate very much. It would be ideal, if we could choose seperate target addresses for notifications on jobs, kudoz etc. That way, my Blackberry wouldn't be crowded with Kudoz notifications, while at home, I would still like to have them.

I'm sure others would like this feature, too?

Kind regards,
Erik

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentína
Local time: 21:20
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - spanyol
Good idea! Oct 30, 2007

Thanks for a great suggestion!

I have tagged it into our to-dos list for evaluation and eventual implementation.

Best regards!
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seperate e-mail address for notifications

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »