Daniel Šebesta
Daniel Šebesta  Identity Verified
Tschechische Republik
Local time: 19:49
Mitglied (2007)
Englisch > Tschechisch
+ ...
May 18, 2008

In the "Account type" line of my profile, there used to be the words "Verifiied member" with a preceding tick. I don't consider that an important part of my profile, but still I would like to find out why it disappeared. Any ideas?

Daniel

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Deutschland
Englisch > Deutsch
+ ...
FAQ? May 18, 2008

Hi Daniel,
There's a related FAQ entry:

4. Why is my identity not verified anymore?

If you change the given name, middle name, or last name in your profile after your identity has already been verified, your identity verification will be revoked. To get re-verified, you will need to submit a support request.

Does that help?

Best, Ralf

Daniel Šebesta
Tschechische Republik
Mitglied (2007)
Englisch > Tschechisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
Thanks! May 18, 2008

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for that! It does not really explain the reason why it happened because I am not aware of changing my name in the profile; I never used a different spelling of my name at ProZ. At least, I know how to get it right again.

Thanks again!

Daniel

Cetacea
Cetacea  Identity Verified
Schweiz
Englisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Bug? May 19, 2008

There seems to be a bug in the system regarding this issue. I changed my preferred currency this morning, and got a reply saying that my VID had been removed due to a name change! I never changed my name, not this morning, nor any other time since I first registered.

That's been taken care of by ProZ.com support staff already (Thanks a lot!), but now my local time is off, and I can't reset it because that item is now gone from the "Edit all" list... So I had to reopen my support tic
... See more
There seems to be a bug in the system regarding this issue. I changed my preferred currency this morning, and got a reply saying that my VID had been removed due to a name change! I never changed my name, not this morning, nor any other time since I first registered.

That's been taken care of by ProZ.com support staff already (Thanks a lot!), but now my local time is off, and I can't reset it because that item is now gone from the "Edit all" list... So I had to reopen my support ticket. but I'm obviously not the only one affected by this.
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:49
ProZ.com-Mitarbeiter
Fixing May 19, 2008

Hello Cetacea and Daniel,

Thanks for your support requests on this issue. We are currently resolving this problem, and I will let you know once it is working properly again.

Best regards,

Jared

Daniel Šebesta
Tschechische Republik
Mitglied (2007)
Englisch > Tschechisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
Thanks! May 19, 2008

Hi Jared,

My profile is fine now. Thank you for your help.

Daniel

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
ProZ.com-Mitarbeiter
Good to hear May 19, 2008

Hi Daniel,

That's good to hear. The bug which was affecting this area has been fixed, but please let me know if you have any further problems.

Best regards,

Jared

Daniel Šebesta
Tschechische Republik
Mitglied (2007)
Englisch > Tschechisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
One more potential bug May 19, 2008

Jared wrote:
The bug which was affecting this area has been fixed, but please let me know if you have any further problems.

Hi Jared,

I noticed one more problem in my profile now, again not extremely serious... I have set rates (visible only to me) for all my working language pairs. However, four language pairs are missing in the "Rates" line. Could that be another bug or is there an intended limit in displaying rates?

Daniel

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
ProZ.com-Mitarbeiter
Thanks again! May 20, 2008

Hello Daniel,

I don't think this is a bug, but it could be improved, sure. At the moment only five rates are shown in your profile (if you've chosen to make them visible). We'll make it so that all can be shown. Thanks for pointing it out!

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Verified member" tag

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »