Can I be a Certified PRO without having completed any jobs within ProZ.com?
Thread poster: BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
Brazil
Local time: 20:49
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 24, 2017

My associates and I have vast medical translation experience outside of proZ, but this account is very new and we haven't received any jobs here thus far. Since the Certified PRO process requires proving professional reliability, how will that be accomplished in our case? This is a question the FAQ does not directly cover and could benefit from being included in it. Thank you!

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Yes Aug 24, 2017

Hi BNN Medical Tr.,

Yes, you can apply to the CPN and enter the network without having completed work received via the site (in fact, that sort of specific information is not even checked to my knowledge). The three main areas of evaluation are "Translation ability", "Business reliability" and "Good citizenship", and there are various types of information you can submit for these areas. For example, for "Business reliability" you are asked to supply references, and those references
... See more
Hi BNN Medical Tr.,

Yes, you can apply to the CPN and enter the network without having completed work received via the site (in fact, that sort of specific information is not even checked to my knowledge). The three main areas of evaluation are "Translation ability", "Business reliability" and "Good citizenship", and there are various types of information you can submit for these areas. For example, for "Business reliability" you are asked to supply references, and those references can have been met anywhere, on or off ProZ.com.

Jared
Collapse

BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
References must speak English? Aug 24, 2017

Thanks, that's great! Another question we have is whether the references we must provide, who can attest to our reliability, need to speak English, or there is a ProZ staff member who speaks Portuguese and who will contact these persons.

[Edited at 2017-08-24 17:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I be a Certified PRO without having completed any jobs within ProZ.com?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »