Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:02
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
But this still doesn't explain why we are suddenly logged out Feb 9, 2018

Evelio Clavel Rosales wrote:

What you have described here is a case of "referrer spam." The same thing was reported by @Angie_Garbarino in this post.

Referrer spam (also known as referral spam, log spam or referrer bombing) is a kind of spamdexing (spamming aimed at search engines). The technique involves making repeated website requests using a fake referrer URL to the site the spammer wishes to advertise. Sites that publish their access logs [NOTE: ProZ.com does not make access logs public and only allows profile owners to see access logs for their own profiles], including referrer statistics, will then inadvertently link back to the spammer's site. Except for polluting their statistics, the technique does not harm the affected sites.

The visitor filtering feature has been updated and you may now filter specific domains from undesired visitors. It works the same way as the IP filtering feature, which was released some time ago.

Additionally, please note that known referrer spammers are already being filtered automatically.

Best regards,
Evelio Clavel

Today, once more, I had to log in while I never log out from this site.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 04:02
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I think human translators should unite Feb 12, 2018

It would be nice if all weird things what human members experience on the site would be gathered in 1 thread.
For example some weeks ago I have seen that Maija Cirule was shown as " inesec" but not her real name.
Her photo is not shown on the site any more. I'm wondering whether she really made these changes by herself.
I remember that in September she had a post about that her computer was waking up from hibernation.
I don't know Maija and don't know her real email addr
... See more
It would be nice if all weird things what human members experience on the site would be gathered in 1 thread.
For example some weeks ago I have seen that Maija Cirule was shown as " inesec" but not her real name.
Her photo is not shown on the site any more. I'm wondering whether she really made these changes by herself.
I remember that in September she had a post about that her computer was waking up from hibernation.
I don't know Maija and don't know her real email address, but actually it would be good to know whether she made these changes in her profile by herself: not showing her picture and not showing her real name but inesec.
Maybe inesec is her username.
I don't know.

Does anybody know Maija in person? Can somebody ask her these questions?

[Edited at 2018-02-12 12:12 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disturbing ProZ profile visitors

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »