How to set consecutive interpreting service?
Thread poster: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:42
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2018

Hi folks,
Anyone know how to set your services & offerings as a consecutive rather than a simultaneous interpreter?
I just see "interpreting" in the services' box, but no consecutive or simultaneous.

I recently applied to join the interpreter pool and noticed my interpreting services are advertised on Proz as simultaneous which I don't actually do. I'm a consecutive interpreter.
I searched for interpreters in my area and noticed I show up in the searches for simult
... See more
Hi folks,
Anyone know how to set your services & offerings as a consecutive rather than a simultaneous interpreter?
I just see "interpreting" in the services' box, but no consecutive or simultaneous.

I recently applied to join the interpreter pool and noticed my interpreting services are advertised on Proz as simultaneous which I don't actually do. I'm a consecutive interpreter.
I searched for interpreters in my area and noticed I show up in the searches for simultaneous interpreters but not for consecutive interpreters so I guess my services must be set as a simultaneous interpreter.
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:42
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
That service can be declared for specific language pairs Apr 10, 2018

Hello Jo,

Thank you for raising the question. You can declare the specific services you perform per language pair from: https://www.proz.com/settings/languages#pairs . If you click on the pencil icon (to the right of "Edit rates"), you will see a form where you can select all the services you perform for that language pair. "Interpreting, Consecutive" is one of the services you
... See more
Hello Jo,

Thank you for raising the question. You can declare the specific services you perform per language pair from: https://www.proz.com/settings/languages#pairs . If you click on the pencil icon (to the right of "Edit rates"), you will see a form where you can select all the services you perform for that language pair. "Interpreting, Consecutive" is one of the services you can declare there.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not working for Spanish Apr 10, 2018

Thanks Alejandro
I changed the check boxes from simultaneous to consecutive in my two language pairs and it looks like it's working for ITA-ENG but not for ESP-ENG.

If I search for ESP-ENG "interpreting" within 50 miles of Ronda, my profile shows up.
If I add the "interpreting, Consecutive" filter, my profile is hidden.
Any ideas?

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:42
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try within 100 miles of Ronda Apr 10, 2018

Hello Jo,

I tested this and found you when searching for consecutive interpreters under both Italian to English and Spanish to English. I only found under Spanish to English if I widened the location requirement to within 100 miles of Ronda. I'm not sure why this happened, but I will forward this to site developers for fixing.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Alejandro Apr 11, 2018

Nice one

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to set consecutive interpreting service?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »