Thread poster: Faron Peckham
Faron Peckham
Faron Peckham
Cape Verde
Local time: 15:26
English
+ ...
Sep 25, 2023

For a few years I have been doing Portuguese (Portugal) to English translation in Smartcat using both the Google Neural Machine engine and the DeepL engine so that I have options to select from. Starting a couple months ago, I no longer see the DeepL translation in the sidebar, only the Google translation. I do not believe I have changed any settings on my side, and I have confirmed that my older projects had the same settings but show both DeepL and Google MT translations in the sidebar. ... See more
For a few years I have been doing Portuguese (Portugal) to English translation in Smartcat using both the Google Neural Machine engine and the DeepL engine so that I have options to select from. Starting a couple months ago, I no longer see the DeepL translation in the sidebar, only the Google translation. I do not believe I have changed any settings on my side, and I have confirmed that my older projects had the same settings but show both DeepL and Google MT translations in the sidebar.

What can I do to display the DeepL translations along with the Google translations?

I've contacted Smartcat support several times about this issue, without response.

I have also tested it using Amazon and Microsoft Translation engines all at once, and the results are the same, only the Google translation shows.

It would be great to know if others have been experiencing the same issue, and if anyone has found a work-around.

Thanks

Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:26
English to Russian
Check you junk mail folder Sep 26, 2023

Faron Peckham wrote:
I've contacted Smartcat support several times about this issue, without response.
Did you ever checked your junk mail folder? You must have received an automatic notification about the safe receipt of your question as a minimum. If you don't get any messages at all, probably you either use a wrong email (other than [email protected]) or their messages go to your "junk" folder.
My second guess is that you probably need to top up your balance for MT (click the "Productivity services" button).

Faron Peckham
Faron Peckham
Cape Verde
Local time: 15:26
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using correct email Sep 26, 2023

Hi Stepan,

I have been using the [email protected] email as I have been for years. You are right that I have not been receiving safe receipt notifications this year when I email them, though I always did before. I am not sure why that is. The last time they responded to one of my support request emails was in 2021, and they always responded before that.

I do not have and have never seen email from Smartcat.a
... See more
Hi Stepan,

I have been using the [email protected] email as I have been for years. You are right that I have not been receiving safe receipt notifications this year when I email them, though I always did before. I am not sure why that is. The last time they responded to one of my support request emails was in 2021, and they always responded before that.

I do not have and have never seen email from Smartcat.ai go to the junk folder. Using Gmail and it flags Smartcat email as important.

Before running MT I check how many pages I have and I top up 500 pages at a time, so this is not the issue. At this point I have translated dozens of documents without being able to use 2 engines.

Honestly I don't know what is going on. Are other people able to get through to Smartcat support? They used to have really good support over chat but I can't find that anymore, and the email support used to respond pretty fast. I worked with them on quite a few things, including feature requests in 2020 and 2021.

Suggestions welcomed.

Faron
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

2 translation engines at the same time not working on Smartcat

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »