MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 00:40
Italian to German
+ ...
May 29, 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool - CAT tools excluded - that compares me 2 unicode texts in the following way:
it would list me alphabetically all occurences of 1-word strings, 2-word strings, 3-word strings, etc... that are both present in text_1 and text_2. The list would be output to a text_3 file.

Freeware tool highly welcome.
Generally the features of comparison tools are limited to show text differences, but obviously a feature like above would be a tremend
... See more
Hi,

I'm looking for a tool - CAT tools excluded - that compares me 2 unicode texts in the following way:
it would list me alphabetically all occurences of 1-word strings, 2-word strings, 3-word strings, etc... that are both present in text_1 and text_2. The list would be output to a text_3 file.

Freeware tool highly welcome.
Generally the features of comparison tools are limited to show text differences, but obviously a feature like above would be a tremendous help for any translator.

Thanks for your feedbacks!
Greets,

Mike

[Edited at 2012-05-29 23:44 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 00:40
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
[Superfluous....] May 29, 2012

Sorry , a blackout: To be useful, all this leads to: Terminology Extraction...

I knew it, but then...

Sorry if I made you lose any time!

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2012-05-29 17:16 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[IGNORE] Looking for an Advanced Text Comparing Tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »