Does someone know a tool to export/import the text in Autocad?
Thread poster: ITtranslations
ITtranslations
ITtranslations
Seychelles
Local time: 20:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 17, 2004

Does someone know a tool to export and import (back) the text in Autocad?

arterm
arterm  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Russian
no tolls exist so far Aug 18, 2004

Unfortunately it seems there are no tools like that
Out programmer has developed a beta version of such a tool but it is not yet stable enough. We are working on it and I hope it can be released in autumn
Arterm

lreps
lreps
Local time: 19:37
Dutch to English
Exporting yes, importing unfortunately not Aug 18, 2004

If you open your Autocad drawing in Adobe Illustrator, you can easily export the text into a text file by selecting all. (And then use a CAT tool for example to avoid inconsistency in duplicates) Unfortunately you will have to manually put the translation back in but it's a fairly straight forward process... Double clicking on the text does the job.

ITtranslations
ITtranslations
Seychelles
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all of you. I've found a plug-in Aug 18, 2004

I've found a plug-in called Trans.vlx on http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?tip=2280 to import and export the text. It works very good.

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
Find a HowTo to this under Howtos Aug 27, 2004

I also used this plugin and found it very helpful. It works great. I've posted how to instructions in the Howtos section about this. Maybe someone finds a better way to implement the use of this tool. I'd appreciate any improvement.

Best regards,

Tobi

Crystal Samples
Crystal Samples  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:37
French to English
+ ...
plug-in Howto Oct 14, 2004

Tobi wrote:

I also used this plugin and found it very helpful. It works great. I've posted how to instructions in the Howtos section about this. Maybe someone finds a better way to implement the use of this tool. I'd appreciate any improvement.

Best regards,

Tobi

Hi Tobi,

Recently I've been doing quite a bit of translating in Autocad and I would like very much to read your Howto about the use of the plug-in. However, I can't seem to find it on the Howtos page. What heading is it under?

Thanks,
sindee

Tool for export/import from autocad drawings. Sep 1, 2011

this is a great tool for export/import from autocad drawings:

http://www.zinformatica.net/esp_autocad_EN.asp

IT WORKS FINE!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does someone know a tool to export/import the text in Autocad?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »