Thread poster: Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 31, 2007

Dear all,

I would like to share with you an idea that has been going round my mind for a while, so we can shape it up together.

I think it will be great to have a space for universities at the site, a space/page that students make of their schools. I know that most of your schools have official web sites, but this would be something different, something that you students would make together.

I imagine a space were you will have the chance to show your schoo
... See more
Dear all,

I would like to share with you an idea that has been going round my mind for a while, so we can shape it up together.

I think it will be great to have a space for universities at the site, a space/page that students make of their schools. I know that most of your schools have official web sites, but this would be something different, something that you students would make together.

I imagine a space were you will have the chance to show your school, talk about it, its history, subjects, study programs, upload pictures of the facilities etc. Also with a space to the fun part, maybe have a school blog, an arts corner, a parties area. We could also make a notice board with events and activities in the area, and maybe a exchange area as well to find study partners, exchange books, dictionaries etc. We could have a vissible list of students form that school with links to the profiles and why not have a teacher's list with those professors that have a profile at the site or want to create one to partcicipate in this area and network with other teachers from other schools.This are just some things that come to my mind now, but I'm sure much more can be done in such a space.

It will be a great place to start establishing these university-university connections I have been informally discussing with some of you - video conferences between schools and/or group of students and professional translators, joined/sister classes with chairs for different schools, discussion forums for subjects with a similar syllabus in different parts of the world.

Also, it could be a very useful place for students that are looking for information on schools abroad for exchange programmes or even when you are about to choose a university in your own country, as you will not only find the common academic information you find at official school websites, but also the chance to establish direct contact with actual students at those schools.

One thing that I have in mid for this is creating a world map, similar to the one used at the powwows page with little balloons of schools that have created a "My Univesity" space (we may call it like that) in the site. So that if you are looking for schools in Germany let's say you scroll the map to that country and see the different schools there and with a click you visit their spaces.

Well, what do you think?

I'm all "eyes"....

S.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My University

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »